~*Chapter Twelve*~

"What's with the leaves?" Dane asks as he enters the room. I too notice that the room is littered with leaves. Jasper is in his own world slouching on a bed made of leaves.

"Are you okay?" I ask Cale walking to the bed to lie next to him.

"Pollution sucks!" He groans turning to face me. He looks pale and tired. It's unsettling.

"Sebastian's back isn't he." Jasper states. "He ruined everything, I told him let me handle this but no, he never listens to me. It's annoying--"

"Shut up, Jasper," I interrupt him and cover my ears. I hear voices in my head but I don't understand what there saying.

"Now look," he groans, "it's happening." I start shaking and my body temperature heats up uncontrollably. In my head it feels like my brain dislodged itself from my body and is banging around my skull. I'm so glad I'm lying on the bed right now because a few seconds later my vision turns black.

***

Between the land of dreams and reality. I stretch my body and I feel more relaxed and loose after hearing the satisfying click of my bones. Keeping my eyes closed I cover myself more with the blanket. The sound of water attacking the ground makes me aware of the fact that's raining outside.

"Wake up Adaira."

I hear Cale's husky voice say. I don't reply and ignore him completely no way am I going to give this position up. He sighs.

"You know that we're all half-bloods, right?" I don't reply I just listen. "When I was two years old I was diagnosed with lung cancer, I obviously wasn't a vampire the time my parents are poor people. They couldn't afford for the medicine all the treatment. They were desperate so they brought me to Xylo. Xylo was a witch who lived in the worst part of the village. She gave me potion. Vampire poison I think. It turned me into a vampire but it didn't really cute my cancer though. Every once in a while I've got to crush leaves to receive pure air. I couldn't live with my parents anymore. All half-bloods are send here. To Lea."

"You're half human?" I asked.

"Yeah, and you half royalty."

"Yeah...wait what!" Now I'm wide awake.

"Oh sweet, sweet, sweet Adaira. The life you've been living is a lie everything's a lie. You think the you're on earth right?"

"Tell me everything."

Cale takes a deep breath. "Earth exploded not too long ago. We're living on chunks of floating rock. Like mini planets, just not round. Let me say meteors it sounds right. Don't you think?" he said casually as if it was nothing.

"What!"

"Yep," he said popping the 'p'. "We're living on a big chunk of floating rock. Humans live on Eras, it's the biggest chunk of the earth. There's also another place...Fleay, it's a giant garden. Beautiful. There's were the princesses live. The princes live on Mleay. The King and Queen live on Venus."

"I'm a princess?" I asked out of breath.

"The first. The king's dying, the queen's dying. The other princesses are snobs and the princes are all at war so... that leaves you. Princess Adaira."

"Dayum! Who's Sebastian?"

"Your hunter, you are his prey."

***

"He told you everything." Jasper stated.

"Yep," I answered casually.

"So, you're a princess."

"Yep."

"You hate me don't you?"

"Yep."

"Agh, I'm sorry Adaira but this is the only way to save you. You don't know Sebastian like I do. He'll kill you once he finds you. I'm your guardian angel and--"

"Really, Jasper? Really?" I gave him 'the look' and successfully silenced him. I sighed and sat on the ground. I mentally groaned as I realized the grass was wet. I looked up at Jasper and his eyes were searching for some kind of emotion. I'm good at hiding my emotions. This is a trait my friends hate.

"Why is Sebastian after me?"

"Your the next queen don't you know what that means."

"No, I do not know what that means and that's why I'm asking you. Sebastian is one of your sister's boyfriend. And she's the will become the next in line to the if you don't accept--"

"Wait a minute, slow it down. How old is this Sebastian?"

"He has lived for 11 decades," Jasper replied slightly annoyed that I interrupted his speech. "How old is my sister?"

"She's celebrating her first decade in 4 days time."

100 year difference. Okayyyy....

"Please continue," I asked slowly taking in all this information.

"There's five princesses and five princes. It's the amount of children you are supposed to have after living for one thousand years, if you have less than that number you will be discharged from your post and also be banished to Neverland. If you have more than than 10 children, the extra child must die. It's the way things work in the cruel world that you will be entering soon."

Killing babies!

"I don't want to become Queen." I stated standing up and crossing my arms in front of my chest. "I knew you were going to say that. You don't like any of things going on, I understand but, you're the only one who can stop this. Adaira. I wish I didn't have to tell you this but you leave me no choice."

Well this is interesting.

"They kill supernatural beings."

"And that effects me because..."

"Cale didn't tell you the whole truth, did he?"

"What truth?" Jasper's eyes held way so much information that I couldn't even focus on it. "Cale killed someone." I gasped, shocked at the news.

"How? Who? When? Why?"

"He used his own hands. Killed the states executioner with no regret. This was about a decade ago. And the reason he did this was to save you. Whatever Cale told you about his life was probably a lie. Unless he told you about his mother Xylo--"

"Mother!" I shrieked.

"Yes, Xylo is his mother and this is the reason why he's in this state. Before he became a vampire. He was a knight. The best one there was until his ex-girlfriend and mother ruined his career.

He was a knight in shining armour but even that was not strong enough to protect evilness and wickedness from reaching you. He saved you and brought you here to be safe.

This is a game of life and death, but in this game you don't have an extra set of lives."