~*Chapter Six*~

Do I get attacked and tell, or should I keep it to myself? We were all seated at the table eating breakfast. Eda was seated next to Marlin and Gale next to Gunner. At least some people have their romantic lives sorted. Here I have a guy who likes me (Alessio), a guy I like (Dane) and the guy I'm willing to die in the hands of (Cale).

I have so many problems, some with quite easy solutions. Okay Adaira.

"Dane?" I asked looking down.

"Yes," he answered now concerned. I'm not surprised because we've been avoiding each other lately.

I cleared my throat and laughed nervously. All eyes on me. "Uhhh....uhm... are you going to eat those nuts? Cause I'll gladly have them."

Really Adaira? Nuts?! He is eating a fruit salad.

"Uhm...... I'm not eating any, this is a fruit salad."

"Oh yeah, I forgot its called a grape. Pssssh. Silly me. Oh would you look at the time," I said looking at my  non-existent watch, "I have to go milk the cows' poops and fertilise the goats' beards. Goodnight."

I walked out of the room before I could embarrass myself some more and that was extremely possible.

***

"Adanina, hello how are you doing," said Genevieve with Celeste trailing right behind her.

It's Adaira you bum.

"Hi," I said with the same amount of fake happiness she greeted me with. "It's been so long my friend, I really missed you."

We both laughed while Celeste stood there awkwardly. I felt bad for her. She was never part of that crowd, she and Eda could've been great friends. I stopped fake laughing with Genevieve.

"Okay, Anora isn't feeling well today so she won't be able to work at the snack shake with you, Eda and Ken, my boyfriend."

I nearly chocked. "Kendrick Maverick?" I asked shocked.

"Yes, but now I have to get going, bye."

Celeste was still here and was glaring daggers at the back of Genevieve's head. She stopped glaring her mood changing quickly from angry to sad. I grab her in a hug without thinking and she didn't push away but hugged me back.w

"Genevieve is a bitch," she said wiping her cheeks. I knew what this was about. I heard rumors  that something was going on between Celeste and Ken. I knew she liked him by the way she smiles when ever he's around and Genevieve comes out of nowhere and boom. The weird thing about this situation is that I Genevieve was able to get a guy.

I laugh a said laugh, "There are many types of friends, but I'm going to talk about three types. Real friends, fake friends and blind friends. Real friends suck because you just love them to bits. Fake friends suck more because they aren't real, but they do teach you valuable lessons in life, remember that. And blind friends are real friends you lose because they don't see the difference between true people and fake people. So my advice is... ditch fake friends and your unhappiness ends. Find someone true, find someone new."

She smiles at me, "thank you Adie."

"No problem," I said and she left.

Its been a while since I've been called Adie.

***

"Here's your Rascals, Vanilla flavoured ice cream, Chocolate, chips and packet of nuts," I said to Chubs.

I was running the Snack Shack by myself because my classmates had 'other things' to take care about.

Chubs was my last customer so I decided to close up. I picked up my bag and went out the back door. I locked the door and went around building.

Music starts playing, acoustic guitar probably. I looked up from the ground to see. Dane with a guitar and flower petals spelling the words 'will you be my valentine?'

Okay girl, don't freak out. You where going to ask him, but instead you asked for non-existent nuts.

Before I could answer someone beat me to it.

"Yes, my love. Of course."

She ran to him and they kissed.

Ilaria Cayo?

I was heartbroken and shocked. How did this- WHEN?!?

When I saw Dane look into her eyes with so much love I decided to disappear.

I thought we had something?

I'm running.

Away from it all.

***

"Under the sea, under the sea
Darlin' it's better
Down where it's wetter,
Take it from me

Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away

While we devotin'
Full time to floatin'
Under the sea," I sang while floating carelessly in the lake.

This was the 16th song I sang today. When I finished that one I started another.

"Just gonna stand there and watch me burn? That's alright because I--"

"Shut up," a really annoyed voice groaned. I sighed and swam back to the bank.

Cale.

"Hello to you too," I mumbled. 

"You went in with your uniform," he asked raising his eyebrows with interest.

"I wouldn't take them off, even for you vampy. Besides I didn't have my costume on." I told him.

"Okay," he said stretching out the 'ay'. "What's with all the songs anyway?"

"What's it to you?" I snapped.

"Woah there, calm down tiger."

"I am not a tiger and I will not calm down."

"Oh but I'll make you," he whispered seductively in my ear. Curse that vampire speed. I felt weak at that moment but I wouldn't let it show.

"Oh yeah?" I said as he started kissing my neck.

Oh my glob.

When he kissed my neck I didn't feel cold I just felt warm tingles move through my body.

"Yes," he replied, "in fact it looks like I've already completed my goal." He pulled away. I instantly felt cold and empty. 

After a very unsuccessful staring contest, with me being both the cheater and loser, I asked him why he was here.

"Needed some air," he took a leaf from a nearby branch and smelled it.

Hot weirdo.

"Okay?"

It was get colder but I didn't want to go back. I couldn't face Dane not right now. I shivered again when the next gust of wind hit my body.

Cale started taking off his clothes like literally all, except his pants

"Here change into this." He handed me his clothes.

"T- t- thanks," I stuttered I went behind a tree and took off my white shirt. It was all I had on (with a sports bra of course). I wore his long blackish-greenish t-shirt. It reached mid thigh. In other words it was long and... long. It was like a party dress. I took of my skirt as well and wrapped all my clothes up in a ball.

I walked back around the tree and Cale was gone.