~*Chapter Seven*~

"They've been on dates?" I asked in disbelief

My two friends just nodded at me. Sad smiles on their faces.

Dane was gone. I should really just forget about him. But the problem is that I can't. I really can't.

"Dane Lander has been stuck in my head for awhile," I sang

"Dane Lander has been stuck in your head for awhile," I friends sang back.

This is how I vent.

Don't judge me.

"It's just... His grey eyes and jet black hair is just..."

"Is just..." My friends urged me to continue.

"He's a mystery, I'd like us to end up in history. But it's impossible because he's unavailable."

"Go talk to him," Gale advised.

What I learned in life is that sometimes you can be a wimp. But my friends wouldn't let me so...

"Adaira?" Dane asked rubbing his eye.

"Is this a bad time?"

Of course it is, it's 2:00 am.

Dane just looked at me with tired eyes.

"I'll come back later today, sorry," I started walking away.

"Adaira wait!"

I turned to face him.

"I- I- I messed up," he sighed, he ran a hand through his messy hair, "I messed up big time, I was mad and angry and... jealous. Damn it! I was jealous."

He was sitting on the ground with his head in his hands. I crouched by him and removed his hands from his face. He looked up at me with so much emotion. Too bad I didn't know what kind.

"Adaira?"

"Yes?"

He leaned in. What's going on? I leaned back.

"What are you doing?"

He sighed. After an awkward moment of silence he spoke.

"I almost screwed Ilaria."

"What!?!"

Am I shocked? Yes. Am I jealous? Yes. Am I angry? Hell flipping  yeah.

"How? When? Where? Why?"

"I was bringing her back to her room I said goodbye and started leaving but she pulled me back. She locked the door and started kissing me. I kept pushing her away, she kept insisting and urging me to, she said something that caused me..."

Am I still breathing? I think so but if I am why am also drowning in my tears? Gosh when did I even start crying?

I don't find crying weak. It shows others that you have feelings and real emotions too. They say bad people don't cry but that's a lie they do cry too, in their own evil villain way. So o didn't wipe the tears. I just let them run freely.

"It caused me to end up on top of her half naked body when I was about to go further I just stopped."

I looked into his eyes. He was crying too. I started wiping away his tears with a sad smile on my face. I had gotten tired of crouching so I sat crossed-legged in front of him.

"I stopped because I remembered what's really important to me. Everything I did only pushing myself away. I'm stupid Adaira. I'm fucking stupid!" He was pulling his hair out. He was really angry with himself right now. I pulled him into a hug.

Damn he was heavy.

I wonder what other students will think when this see us like this?

After letting everything out (even I shed some more tears, it's not everyday a boy cries in your arms (unless you're a mom with whiny children)) we still sat there in a nice silence also a sleepy silence. My head was over Dane's so he was playing with some of my hair between his fingers.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yep, he wore the dress, we painted him green and decorated him with string cheese."

I started laughing. Dane was telling me about the Christmas without a Christmas tree. One of the teachers was so disappointed he that decided to be the tree.

Dane joined me. "You have a really great laugh," he said after we were done.

I blushed a bit.

We continued talking and I laughed some more. I really wish I was a boy and lived in their school.

"...and this one time Gabriel ate a raisin..."

"And then he found out it was poo?"

Dane shock his head, "it was a 100 year old jelly covered in purple goop from one of the science lab experiment, the purple goop was made of some nose hair, ear wax and nose wax, ear hair--"

"Gross! No! Stop! That's disgusting."

He started laughing at me and I started standing up to leave it was only 3:51 so I could still catch some sleep.

"Oh no you don't," Dane spoke. And in seconds I was pinned up against they wall, "where do you think you're going?"

"To get some sleep?"

Oh gosh what was going on? He pressed himself against me. I instantly felt on fire. What is he doing. His hand came to cup my cheek.

"I didn't tell you but your the reason I've gone mad," he leaned in and I didn't lean back because I didn't have space and because I didn't want to.

Millimeters away from his lips a bright light shone on us.

"Oi Dane, you gonna bang this one too?"

Dane cursed under his breath and I just stood there too shocked to move.

"Go away Alessio," Dane growled. He went to stand in front of Alessio. When they started yelling at each other I took this as my opportunity to bounce.

I'm not wimping out. No. I'm actually helping them by not-- what am I kidding. I'm saving myself right now.

***

"Okay girls it's Fun Friday choose a song to play and sing," my music teacher announced.

A long while later...

"Okay we choose Renegades by X Ambassadors," Kylie announced.

I didn't even bother picking up my instrument instead I put three fingers on the air

3,2,1.

The sound of the loud, annoying bell rang through the school signaling the end of the day.

I walked through the corridors to my locker. I opened it with my combination and placed all my books in.

No homework!

I closed my locker which was painted blue and decorated with pictures of me and my friends. I fixed my tank top and started out of the building. Out of nowhere my two friends came and attacked me.

"What the hell happened last night?"