~*Chapter Four*~

"That was great! I can't believe the spirit you girls here hold," Dane said next to me. "We just repeat what Mr X says. Wow!"

I blushed at him. He was so excited and it was really cute. When I first saw him I thought he was one of those guys with walls but he really is the opposite. I smiled up at him since he was taller than me.

"No way! I've been stuck on that level for days," Gale said.

"It's quite easy you have a partner," Gunner exclaimed in shock.

"I've played with Adaira and Eda and they both suck."

"Hey," I said playfully, "I'm not that bad."

"What are you saying. Your the worst. You refused to shoot one of the guys because you thought he was a hobo."

"Didn't you see his clothes," I said.

Gale face palmed herself and Gunner chuckled.

"They can't be bad what about Eda?" Gunner asked.

"She shoots without aiming," Gale sighed.

Eda was in a deep conversation with Marlin and it looked they were in there own little world. They were talking about equations so I decided to listen to the conversation between Gale and Gunner. They made such a cute couple.

"Let's go to the pavilions," Dane whispered in my ear and I nodded leaving Gale and Gunner to talk about 'Uncharted'. "Azure looks good on you, they match your eyes." Dane said once we were seated.

"Thanks," I said, my cheeks heating up.

"You have a cute blush too," he said poking my cheeks.

"Hey," I said swatting his hand away. I laughed and he laughed too. Everything was so natural with him.

"So are you doing any field activities?" I asked.

"No, just track, soccer and swimming," he answered. "And you?"

"Same."

"Really?" I nodded. "Swimming is what I look forward to."

I hummed agreeing with him. "I love swimming freestyle, but I swim the other strokes too. My coach says I'm a backstroker, I'm fine with that. I hate swimming butterfly and breaststroke because I always get tired and stuff..."

We continued talking and cheering for Fane. Once the field activities were done we went to get ready for the sprints. We never did long distance because it took so long. There was 80m, 100m and 200m. Right now Noam was leading, with us only 2 points behind. I didn't want to be mean but Blythe was a lost cause.

I wore my takkies, unlike some people I didn't feel faster running barefoot. After stretching we started with 400 boys. I saw Marlin and cheered for him. When the shot went I watched as ran down the lane. He came in second after a Noam runner. Next it was girls and I cheered for Casa and Keoela, fellow Fanes. They drew first with a Blythe runner behind them.

Once all the running was down we were given a 2 hour break. "Let's eat guys I'm starving," we walked to the snack shack and bought some food. It was 3:00 pm when we started with the matches. Each match was 30 minutes long so we finished around 8:00. Now the event I've been waiting for all day: swimming.

Dane had a great technique and finished first all the time. When he got out of the water, it was a site to see. He had abs for days and when he dried his hair with his towel I almost faint. "Good luck," he says flashing his pearly whites. I smiled back at him. Some girls glared a me but I ignored them. When they called the girls for 50m freestyle I walked to the up to the starting blocks. They blew the whistle for us to get on and shot the gun for us to start when I entered the water it was cold. I didn't do warm up because I was to busy setting up the tent with the girls. The pool didn't have any pavilions only lots of green grass to set your tent. I swam as fast as I could to the wall I made a gap between myself and second place and I also improved my time: 29.17

I couldn't stop smiling. I know it's not the world record but it's my personal best. I climbed out of the pool. I was shivering and I didn't bring a towel. I was going to freeze to death but before I realized it Dane engulfed me in a hug. He was wearing a tracksuit his hair still wet.

"Wow, that was amazing. You were awesome!" He said smiling at me. I was honestly happy. I just met him but it feels like we've been friends for years.

I took of my cap setting my hair free then I smiled up at him. "Thanks." We stared at each other then I told him I was cold and he brought me back to the tent.

After all the events we were awarded medals and we walked home around 2:00 am. We went behind the school and had a bonfire. Eda had already gone to sleep and so did Gale. I was still sitting with my fellow Fanes. There were 20 of us left. Sports Day always ended with a house bonfire and I didn't mind.

Around 3:00 I decided to go to sleep. I walked up the stairs and reached my room I took my toiletries and walked to the secret bathroom. I quickly took a shower letting the hot water relax me. I dried myself and wore my pyjamas. I was tying my hair into a ponytail when Dane walked in.

"Adaira what are you doing here?"

He had a toiletries bag with him.

"Question is what are YOU doing here?"

"This is one of the boy's bathroom."

"What? No no no no no non non non."

"Wow she speaks French too," Gunner said coming in.

"Sorry boys but this bathroom has been taken," I said. No way was I giving up this bathroom.

"Listen here blue eyes it's only Dane and I who use this bathroom. We can share now please I need to shower. Since his shirt was already off the started moving his pants.

I turned around. "Stop please stop don't no no no. Arrêtez! Arrêtez!"

It was quite until a piece of clothing landed on me and water from the shower started running. Oh no.

I was about to freak out. Dane took my face in his hands and told me to calm down. I did as I was told. We made a deal, my friends and I would use the bathroom early, the boy's would use it later. I didn't bother making plans for Anora. I brushed my teeth said goodnight to Dane and went to sleep. I didn't have to cook dinner since it was Sports Day and everyone bought their food.

This was going to be one messed up year.