forty - six

-

it was Friday and joe was setting up for patrick when he comes over. he wanted the night to go as casual as possible and basically the exact opposite of what happened at lunch the other day with andy.

joe was rummaging through the fridge when he got a text. he pulled his phone out of his pocket and read the message.

patrickstump: is now a good time for me to come over

joe looked around his house, well it could be worse.

jtrohman: yeah

patrickstump: ok On my way!

jtrohman: see ya

joe was sitting on his couch when he heard the ding from the doorbell. he got up and looked through the peep hole and when he noticed it was patrick he opened the door.

"hey yo."

"um hi." patrick said.

"uh you can just drop your stuff in here." joe led patrick to his room and patrick put his stuff down in a corner.

"thanks."

"ok so are you hungry?" joe asked.

"sort of."

"well good because i have pizza. i don't know if you like pizza but i got it anyways cause who doesn't like pizza." joe said, walking into the kitchen and grabbing the pizza boxes off the counter. "wait, do you like pizza?"

"who doesn't like pizza?" patrick asked while plopping a pizza onto his plate.

"come in here and we can watch a movie or something." joe said and walked into the living room. "what do you want to watch?"

"anything but high school musical." patrick said.

"ok, high school musical 2 it is then." joe nodded.

"i meant any of the high school musicals." patrick sighed.

"oh. wait why not?"

"i don't really like high school musical." patrick said as he took another bite of his pizza.

"i'm sorry but you need to leave." joe pointed to the door.

"w-why?"

"sorry but if you don't like high school musical then we can't be friends." joe shrugged. "sorry i don't make the rules."

"well i like them, it's just that i've seen them like 5 hundred million times." patrick said.

"actually it is not physically possible to have watched it 5 hundred million times because the average human life lives for about 657,450 hours and the movies are about an hour long so it's not possible." joe stated.

"wow i have some weird friends." patrick mumbled.

"did you say something?" patrick shook his head.

"ok, what are we supposed to watch then?" joe asked, stroking his chin as if he had a beard.

it was complete silence for a few minutes until joe whispered "deets" and patrick completely lost it.

patrick and joe just laughed about the stupidest things for the next twenty minutes. "it's getting kind of late so i'm gonna go and put on my pajamas." patrick yawned.

"ok." joe hollered back at him.

when patrick got back he was wearing sweatpants and one of pete's hoodies and joe was in Star Wars pants and a plain white t shirt.

"nice pants." patrick said.

"thanks, i got them for Christmas." joe smiled. "so how was Brendon's party?"

"um i don't remember a lot actually." patrick sighed. "but pete said it wasn't pretty."

"hey at least you beat alex." joe said, trying to lighten the mood.

"who's alex?"

"oh, uh he's is-well was the shot champion." joe said.

"holy moly, what was his high score?"

"i don't know, like sixty or something." joe said and patrick gasped.

"what the heck."

"well it's all behind us now, right?"

"yeah, i guess." patrick sighed.

"what's wrong?" joe asked.

"nothing just sleepy." patrick rubbed his eyes.

"do you want to go to bed now then? i could put on a movie." joe offered and patrick nodded.

joe picked a random movie, that wasn't any of the high school musicals, and put it in and about twenty or twenty five minutes into the movie patrick was passed out.

he was cuddling himself and letting out small snores and joe couldn't help but aw. when the first movie ended joe snuck the first high school musical movie into the DVD player.

during the middle of the song bop to the top, patrick's phone went off. it was a small ding which most likely meant he got a text from someone.

joe was curious but he didn't want to snoop around patrick's personal things so he just went to see who the message was from, after all if could be from his mom or something, but it wasn't patrick's mom. actually joe had no idea who it was.

unknown: i have a big task for you tomorrow

what the heck was going on? who is unknown? the curiosity was eating him alive and he couldn't help it. he looked through patrick's texts with unknown.

after about five minutes he saw patrick turn over so joe jumped back onto the couch and pretended to be asleep. but in the end it was just patrick moving around in his sleep. thank god.

joe tried to get some rest but he couldn't sleep without knowing who unknown is. joe saved the number to his phone and was going to ask pete about it tomorrow.

-

okay so joe found out about up the unknown person
ooh ooh
also side note my phone is the absolute worst for autocorrect so if there are any mistakes just let me know and I'll fix them :)
(also cause i'm too lazy to proof read lol)