forty - two

-

patrick woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. he sat up and didn't know where he was. he rubbed his eyes and rolled over to see pete. he checked his phone. it was 9:28 am.

patrick saw that he had a message so he clicked on the messages app and read the text.

unknown: you're at pete's house, i want you to leave

patrick: what

unknown: don't leave a note or anything just leave before he wakes up

patrick: why

unknown: because we made a deal so you have to listen to me

patrick sighed but did what he had to do and quietly left pete's house. the walk to patrick's house wasn't long, only about ten minutes.

when patrick got to his house he had to be quiet so he wouldn't wake anyone up. he went in through the back door and tiptoed to his room but he stopped in the kitchen to get a glass of water cause he wasn't feeling very well and he still had a pounding headache.

when patrick got into his room he realized that he was still in his clothes from yesterday so he changed into some sweatpants and a plain white shirt and threw a hoodie over top of it.

he laid in his bed and grabbed the book that was on the nightstand. he opened it up to where he left off and began to read to himself.

he didn't read or much longer cause the words were blurry and his head was hurting much worse now. he closed the book and threw it on his bed and went into the bathroom. he groaned and leaned over the toilet.

he finished doing what he had to do in the bathroom and went back into his room and saw that he had gotten a text.

petewentz: where did you go?

patrickstump: its kind of a long story

petewentz: are you okay?

patrickstump: um yeah, i guess

petewentz: can i come over?

patrickstump: uh sure

petewentz: ok let me get dressed and then i'll be on my way

patrickstump: see you then

about fifteen minutes later patrick heard a knock on his door. patrick got out of bed an shuffled to the door. " hey."

" you look terrible." pete gasped.

" thanks." patrick said sarcastically.

" i didn't mean it like that." pete sighed.

" i know." patrick led pete to his room and they sat down on his bed.

" what happened last night?" pete asked.

" i don't know." patrick shrugged.

" what do you mean?"

" i don't know what happened last night." patrick said.

" well what do you remember?" pete asked.

" um, i remember going to brendon's house and this guy handed us a drink and everything after that i don't really know what happened." patrick said, with no expression.

" oh." pete whispered.

" why? what happened?"

" wells its kind of a long story." pete responded.

" i have time." patrick said and adjusted his position.

" well its not good." pete started.

" oh snap." patrick said with no expression.

" well it all started at brendon's party." pete said.

-

after about ten or fifteen minutes pete was done with the story and patrick sat on the bed with his mouth hung open. " oh."

" why've you been acting so weird lately?" pete questioned.

patrick looked at the time. " uh i have to go."

" where?"

" to a funeral, my grandma's cousins friends dog died."

" uh ok bye." pete said and pulled patrick in for a quick hug and then he left.

pete was starting to get suspicious so patrick knew he had to make it look like he wasn't acting weird. patrick pulled out his phone from his back pocket.

patrick: how long is this gonna be going on?

unknown: as long as i need

-

a/n: another sort of short update but here you go
sorry this took so long, I've been occupied with other things