thirty - four

-

during the rest of the night patrick and pete just danced together, earning the occasional laugh from jason and his friends but they didn't care. they were having a good time and that's all that really mattered.

sooner or later andy ,joe, brendon, dallon, tyler and josh all joined them on the dancefloor. in fact, they all had a mini dance off and it ended with brendon and josh being the winners but actually all of them stink at dancing.

they were all jamming out but then a slow song came on. " all right all you guys, gals, and nonbinary pals its time to slow things down a bit." the president of the pta said through the speaker.

everyone who wasn't here as a couple left the dancefloor but brendon and dallon stayed, considering they were a couple. they were both in the middle of the dancefloor, slow dancing.

" I was supposed to be able to do this with my secret admirer." patrick said, a crack in his voice.

" and you still can." pete said and put his hand out for patrick to grab.

patrick grabbed pete's hand as he led him onto the dancefloor. during the middle of the song patrick put his head on pete's shoulder and you could hear the 'aws' from brendon and dallon as pete and patrick danced throughout the song. pete had his hands placed on patrick's waist and patrick's arm were draped around pete's neck.

pete smiled at the sight of seeing patrick all happy. pete was gazing into patrick's eyes. every since pete had first laid eyes on patrick he felt something, but he didn't know what. but now he knows what he is feeling, love.

pete wentz has a crush on patrick stump.

all this time that they've been spending together has just helped pete realized he is falling for patrick. pete would ask him out now but he isn't going to because he wants it to be romantic, he wants everything to be perfect for patrick.

but he wasn't going to worry about that right now. he wanted to make sure that patrick was having a good time and honestly pete still cant understand why anyone would pull such a cruel parnk on him. patrick is literally the sweetest person that pete has ever met.

pete was snapped out of his thoughts, back into reality when the song ended. he looked at patrick who was all smiley. he liked seeing patrick smile, considering he doesn't do it a lot.

" i like it when you smile, you should do it more often." pete said and patrick smiled more.

-

" anyways thank you again for making me feel better." patrick said once they got to his front door after prom was over.

" it was no problem. again, I'm really sorry about what those guys did to you." pete sighed.

" i don't wanna think about it anymore." patrick said.

" oh, i'm sorry."

" thank you for making my prom less of a flop that it was originally supposed to be." pete smiled and nodded.

" its the least i could do for my best pal." pete shrugged.

" well i better get going cause its pretty late."

pete checked his watch, " oh yeah." pete then turned away to go back to his car. " thanks for an amazing night by the way." patrick smiled again and then closed the door.

then pete climbed into his car and started on his way back home.

a/n: cute prom peterick and also you guys should know I should be doing math rn but lol nope