Chapter Fifteen | Part II

Chapter Notes: Ava-Rain's POV

* * *

"You can keep your damn introductions to yourself!" Behind us, Kane's voice emerged. "Why did you move locations?"

     "Mr. and Mrs. B personally escorted you to the agreed upon location." Chase added. "What happened?"

     "She didn't tell anyone," Caleb said, drawing my attention towards him. His gaze had still been fixated on Angelie. "She let me see that much. But, as you stated, you had your whole life to master the yellow. What else are you hiding, Angelie?"

     "You may not believe it now or ever, but everything I do, everything that I've done, it was always for you, Caleb. You were my alpha and the only person that cared about me without obligation. There are certain things in my head that you don't want to know. So, kill me if you must, but my secrets will die with me."

Again, she looked at me but only for a brief second.

"But I will not be forced to own up to something that I did not do. Like I said, I didn't tell anybody about your mate. As instructed, your parents saw me to the agreed upon location, but I was forced to move to a different one. The pure bloods are no longer just a possible threat invading the north. They're here, just like I told you they would be, and they're not bothering to hide their presence. But I'm sure you already know that since you said they attacked your human."

     "Ava-Rain," I corrected, finally finding my voice.

     Her gaze darted in my direction. "Pretty name for a pretty girl," she smiled, though it did not reach her eyes.

In the next second, she brushed past Caleb and walked over to the desk at the other end of the room, making herself comfortable by taking a seat on top of it. Crossing one leg over the other, she leaned backwards onto her outstretched arms, using her hands to hold her up. Everything about this girl screamed 'sex appeal'. Her curvaceous figure, I was sure, made her desirable to many.

"You going to tell me why I'm here now?" The room remained silent. "Well then, I could always find out the truth through other means, if that's what you'd prefer. And I think you already know, Caleb, the more you fight it, the more it will hurt."

     She slid off the desk and made her way back towards us. When I expected her to stop in front of Caleb, she kept walking.

I turned my head and watched as she looked at each member of the pack. She stopped in front of Kane first and crossed her arms over her chest.

"As much fun as it would be to go poking and prodding inside of your mind and inflicting as much pain as possible, not even I would put myself through such torture as to sift through your thoughts."

     The anger radiating off of Kane was hard to miss, but I was shocked to see that he was able to restrain himself from attacking Angelie without outside interference. But not even Angelie was stupid enough to push her luck by testing Kane's boundaries because she quickly turned her sights on Chase.

     "And you're far too sweet for me to hijack your mind without your consent, Chase."

     Chase's immediate response was looking away. I had never known Chase to look anything but composed, but I could see that it, too, was taking all of his strength to not lose control. Despite what she had said to him, the condescending tone in which she used made me understand his reaction.

     "And you two," Angelie looked between Harrison and Stryder, "it would certainly be payback for the way you manhandled me to bring me back here. But just like your arrogant little beta over there," she tossed a look over her shoulder at Kane, "you both have the yellow running through your veins. So, at least for now, you both get a pass."