Chapter Four | Part I

Chapter Notes: Ava-Rain's POV

*   *   *   *

- 'Let the sky fall, when it crumbles. . .' -

*   *   *

     Wolves and mysterious, gorgeous boys will both tear you to shreds.

     I don't think I had ever blushed as much as I did in that moment. Apart from the slight smirk that I could make out from across the room, his expression was serious. His eyes had not once departed from mine and I swear that I felt the flaming hot caress of the desire I could only assume had been responsible for his darkened gaze.  His arms were folded over his chest, and despite the short-sleeve t-shirt he was wearing, there was no mistaking just how built this guy-Caleb-was, or how little damage that body of his would endure by my hands.

     Wait, just a got-damned minute! Seriously, Ava-Rain?

I woke up ten minutes ago with a guy--a stranger--hovered over me, and instead of screaming or trying to escape, I was merely sitting there and checking him out? And not only was he just some guy, he was the guy-my mysterious, gorgeous guy from the club-who obviously in his spare time took up a career as a certified stalker.

     Was there something undeniably wrong with me? Trusting some boy that I had barely met at a stupid club, a guy who just so happened to find me by means still unknown? Unless you counted his audacious explanation of 'I was drawn to you'. Why wasn't I screaming? Why wasn't I fighting to get away from him? Better yet, why was I hoping-yes, actually hoping-for him to make good on that promise he just spat out?

     Because I was even more stupid than those stupid girls in those stupid movies, that's why. Stupid enough to let his words sink deep within me and secure a tight hold on my mind. Stupid enough to forget all my God-given sense, and stupid enough to look into his eyes and allow myself to be bewitched by the ridiculously beautiful grey orbs. Stupid enough to be convinced that every single word he had said was, indeed, true.

     Yet, as much as I would have liked to blame my stupidity on my stupidity, I couldn't deny that I truly did feel whatever Mr. Mysterious was convinced I felt. As much as I hated to admit it, I felt drawn to him, too. When our eyes locked for the first time at the club, I had felt like a part of me was trying to fight its way out to get to him. I had never felt that way before; I did not make a sport out of rummaging through clubs for gorgeous guys, hoping that they might spark something within me that will make me want to jump their bones, or-heaven forbid-construe five seconds of eye contact as 'love at first sight'. No boy had ever come close to making me feel like ripping my soul out to use as an offering.

     But Mr. Mysterious-Caleb-was clearly not just some boy. He was a man. Dominance poured out of him, confidence oozed out of every word, every look, every step, and every action. It was like the ground itself worshipped him. He was one of those guys who I'm sure knew just how ridiculously and unfairly good looking they were, yet not once had I perceived any sort of arrogance. Cockiness, yes, but arrogance, no. It was strictly confidence, and, as a result, I was sure that he was a man who always got exactly what he wanted. And I knew-no, I felt-that he wanted me.

     I probably should have feared him. No, I know that I should have feared him. However, in that moment, I couldn't. I didn't. And to be completely honest, I don't think that I wanted to. The rational part of me tried to convince me that being in his home and waking up in his bed was not okay, but it worked even harder to convince me that if he wanted to hurt me then he would have.