Chapter Fifteen | Part I

Start from the beginning

     I slid on top of the table just as he finally reached me. "Maybe."

     He placed both of his hands on top of the table on either side of me and lowered his head, bringing us to face level. His gray eyes darkened quite a bit and the intensity of his gaze alone ignited the flames of desire deep within me. "Well," he removed one hand from the table and placed it on top of my left thigh. Due to my seated position on the table, the hem of my dress had raised quite a few inches, leaving plenty of exposed skin that Caleb wasted no time in exploring. "The cocky bastard in me would have to say that 'Option C' must stand for Caleb. I mean, that's a given."

     "Or maybe just cocky," I shot back with an innocent smile.

     "'D', has to be for this dress," his hand drifted higher up my thigh, "and 'E' most definitely is for the easy accessibility that said dress provides."

     His hand stilled on my thigh but the warmth from his touch continued to spread higher and higher, venturing off to conquer territory its master would stop at nothing to one day claim. "As for 'G'. . .that's a tough one." His eyes flickered down to peruse my body before finding their way back to mine. With a smirk plastered triumphantly on his face, he continued. "But considering you're wrapped up in this pretty little dress, offering me easy access to what we both know will one day be mine to claim, I think I can rightfully assume that 'Option G' is for the delicate little gift that you are."

     I wanted to feign outrage at the audacity he had to flip my own joke that I threw out to distract him and, in turn, squeeze out something from nothing—that something being his conclusion that I was a prepackaged gift—until the humour lingering within his eyes was overshadowed by a faint amber glow. A glow that served as a reminder that I may have started the game, but Caleb was going to finish it. He would always win.

     "And 'F', my arrogant little wolf?"

     "Well, mate," he grinned and leaned in closer until our foreheads touched, "I think we both already know what 'F' stands for, now don't we?"

     Fire.

     His hands lifted to my face in time with his lips crashing down onto mine. It was a completely automatic response for my legs to part further to allow Caleb to step in between them. It was just as automatic for my hands to find their way underneath the hem of his shirt and roam over his body; for a moan to escape me as the pleasure derived from his kiss alone had me yearning for more and praying for it to never end.

     And I had never been that girl. The flirty type. The kind that felt the need to use what she had to gain attention. The kind of girl that relied on her looks to attract others, sending out messages that I was not prepared to handle if they had actually been responded to. I certainly had not been the kind of girl confident enough to go after what she wanted without thinking twice.

I was the girl that had been more concerned about her GPA and kept her legs closed, not the girl obsessed with finding a boy or two—or ten—to soar through high school with in hopes of giving my teenage life some sort of meaning and purpose.

     But just because I had never been that girl did not mean that she had not existed somewhere deep inside of me. She was real. Very real. She had taken her first breaths the moment Caleb and I met, had stumbled with her first steps the first time we kissed, and now she danced in perfect rhythm to the chanting flames of desire and intimacy.

I had always known that Caleb had awakened something inside of me in that stupid club. Something dark. Something uncontrollable. Unreasonable. Illogical.