Chapter 29 - Goodbye

I cried whilst writing this. Hahaha. Guys, play the music, Hurt by Christina Aguilera, while you read this chapter, it will give you the feels man. Broke my heart into tiny little pieces. Haha. X

------------------------------

~ Kath's POV ~

I got home around 10pm. When I told them I need to go at 8pm, they said okay, but then we started talking again, so that stopped me from going. Whenever I say bye, they would always have a new topic ready.

But it was one of the greatest night I've ever had, since Sam died.

I was getting ready and quickly opened my phone to check my notifications when an unknown number texted me.

Unknown: Do you miss my notes? Sorry. Ran out of sticky notes. I'll go buy some tomorrow at Walmart. The shop that we always used to go to. Catch me if you can. X

Shop that we always used to go to? Who is this? Well, its the least of my worries right now.

After putting my phone on charge, I got out my favorite book called, I am Autumn Winters. I just finished chapter fifteen and was about to turn to the next chapter when my phone rang.

I didn't have any clue of who would be calling me right now since it was almost 12AM.

I rushed over to my phone to see Carmen's name light up on the screen.

"Hey Carmen, everything okay?"

"No, please come here now. Please Katherine."

With that single sentence, I quickly went to my car and started the ignition. I needed to get to the hospital as soon as possible, I don't even care if I'm in my pajamas right now. All I was thinking of was Bradley, and of course Carmen, whom I have grown accustomed to.

After 5 minutes of speeding, I parked near the entrance and sprinted my way up the stairs, not bothering to wait for the elevator.

I made it to the top floor just in time. I saw them pushing Bradley in his bed and spotted Carmen just behind the nurses. I approached her and asked what was wrong.

"Bradley, he's just... After you left he was just so happy but then as time passed by, he got weary and weary until he just collapsed."

"Where are they taking him now?"

"I'm not really sure..."

After 30 dreadful minutes of waiting outside, a doctor finally came over to talk to us.

"Bradley's condition is getting worse. He's pretty blessed to have lasted a month ever since we told him that."

"What can I do? What do we do now?" Carmen asked in panic.

"Well, right now, the best suggestion that I can give you is that you move countries. I hear that in Australia, they have great opportunities for sick young men like Bradley. He has to undergo a surgery but it still has 50/50 chance, all we can do is hope that he survives. I suggest you move there as soon as you can if you want Bradley to live." (A/N: I have no idea, what I'm saying right now about Australia guys, I'm just guessing. Its all part of the book).

"Oh thank you, thank you."

Right after talking to the doctor, Carmen forgot I was with her, she started booking flights and got relatives to ready their things so they can leave first thing in the morning.

"I'm sorry that I have to do this to you guys."

"Its okay Carmen, its for the best. This is for Bradley."

****

5 hours later

I didn't get any sleep, I took care of Bradley all morning since it might be the last time that I can do this.

I was helping them pack Bradleys things away from the hospital, since he basically stayed here for a month. Ever since I asked him out and I found he had whatever this was.

"Mum, can you leave me and Katherine to talk please?" Bradley asked when we finished packing.

"Sure thing honey." With that she left the room.

"I'm sorry that we have to do this."

"Its okay Bradley, its for the best." I smiled, my eyes welling up with tears.

"When I get better, I'll come back here, okay. I'll always remember you. I love you so much Katherine, always remember that. I will always love you." A tear fell as he finished his sentence and I couldn't help the tears that were threatening to fall, to come flooding out.

"You were one of the best person I have ever come across in life. I will always treasure our memories and I will never ever forget you. You are and will always stay in my heart. I love you." I said, knowing full well that he knows what I mean by I love you.

"Promise me one thing."

"What is it?"

"Do something that will actually make you happy. Its time to make yourself happy. You always put others before you even though you're hurting, please stop it. Its okay to be selfish sometimes." He smiled weakly at me.

"I will try my best." I smiled back.

"I'm really sorry Katherine, but Bradley we have to go now or we'll miss our flight."

"Its fine, I will miss you so much as well Carmen. Thank you for treating me like your own."

I hugged her and she returned the simple gesture.

"Thank you for being so considerate and kind. I will always treasure all the memories we've made in the past month. Thank you for helping me extend Bradley's life."

I looked over at Bradley who was tearing up. I ran over to him to give him one last hug.

"This is it, Bradley. Be good."

"Okay, mom." He laughs whilst crying.

When they left, I waited in the room, reminiscing all the memories we made here. I walked to the window and watched as Bradley got in the car, he turned around, looked up at me and waved. I waved back like a lunatic.

I will miss having you around, Bradley May.

---------------------

A/N:

Really short chapter, I know. But this chapter is just mainly about Bradley's move to Aussie. And as of what I said about the medical thingy in Aussie, I'm not actually sure about it, I just needed to put Braldey somewhere else, far from them. Its all into plan, no need to worry.

And yes, Bradley will still have some parts. Not a lot just like tiny bits. You'll just see when its done. Hahahaha. Anyway, thanks so much for reading, voting and commenting. Love lots. Xx

- xxjustarandomgirl__

word count: 1105 words.