Chapter 19 - Pizza > Boys

**edited**

-----------------------

~ Kath's POV ~

I woke up feeling weird, I couldn't really decipher my emotions. I felt happy yet sad, I don't know what was up with me.

Regardless, it is the last week of Term one and we have 2 weeks of holidays before Term two starts. I'm not really an outgoing type of person and I don't like books either but for the past weeks, I've found myself reading every book I have, which isn't much because I'm not a fan of reading but I guess... Now I am.

I was just really excited for the holidays because as much as I love school and learning, I also enjoy a break every once in a while. Plus, I was hoping that I could hang out with Sophie more so we can bond just like the old times.

I got up and walked towards the mirror, which was also my closet. Looking at my reflection in the mirror made me flinched. Who is this?

Standing in front of me was an uglier version of me that looked like a druggo - messy bun, sweats and oversized hoodie. My eyes had dark circles underneath from the lack of sleep.

How can others look so fabulous?
I did my daily routine which was boring me out of my mind but I have to go to school even though its the last week. After doing everything and double checking that I had everything I needed, I walked out and felt the cool breeze hit my face. I got in my car and started the engine, ready to go to school. I rolled down the windows to breathe in the fresh air and off I went.

For the first time in forever, I was actually feeling great despite the small part of me that was feeling worried for some reason. But the heavy sadness that I felt when I woke up was wearing down.

I smiled at the rear view mirror finally proud of how I look and put on a CD. I was at a stoplight when I heard someone wolf-whistling. Looking over my shoulders, I saw that it was just some random guys winking at me and making 'call-me' signs with their hands. Rolling my eyes, I rolled my window back up. Too bad, I was enjoying the fresh air.

It was weird when I still felt really happy, normally I would've been all angry right now because of what had just happened but I guess I was just I'm a really good mood.

I could tell that this was going to be a great day ahead. Well, I hope.

I arrived to school with twenty minutes to spare, not knowing what to do - how to waste my time. I was going to stay home til there was only five minutes to go but I didn't want to risk being late because that'll just ruin my whole mood.

I walked, more like skipped, through the empty hallways until a voice stopped me.

"Hey, can we talk?"

"No," I said, not wanting to ruin my happy mood.

"What did I do? Why are you acting like this?" He grabbed a hold of my harm which I shrugged off so easily.

"Stop pretending, Bradley," I rolled my eyes.

"Pretending?"

"Isn't that what I just said?" I answered my mood slowly turning sour.

"Yes but I'm not pretending," he followed me. The hallway suddenly got a little crowded.

I turned a corner before finally answering him and stopped in my tracks. This guy sure knows how to lie. He sure is THE president of the drama club.

"Great acting. I know all about your stupid, little bet. You and those guys disgust me," I spat. Good day, huh.

"You know?" He asked, shocked.