He looked concerned before setting me gently on my feet. I fell like a rag-doll straight onto the wet ground.

"Bella? Bella are you alright?"

He picked me up and brushed me off before staring intently into my eyes and asking me to talk.

"I.. You.. d-dazzled me. "

He grinned and locked me in his gaze once again.

"I forgot I could do that sometimes...sorry."

He didn't sound very sorry at all. In fact he looked quite smug. I walked away from him with as much dignity as I could muster. (not very much) and stumbled slightly over a branch. He was there instantly. His left arm securely around my waist and his right caressing my face.

"I really am sorry Bella."

He sounded genuinely unhappy and I suddenly felt a pang as I saw his beautiful face fall.

It was wrong to see such beauty downcast.

Without thinking about it, I leaned in and pressed my lips to his. He was gone immediately and I sighed. He was no longer immune like he had started to be when he left. I was still his own brand of heroin.

"I'm, s-sorry Bella."

He stuttered and I new his mouth was already filling with venom. He was perched on a tree with pain-filled eyes. I wondered how long it would take for him to be able to kiss me again.

"Its okay, I just-I just thought..."

I trailed off lamely and felt rejection seep through my veins. No matter how unreasonable it was to feel rejected by this, I did anyway.

He dropped from the tree with a soft thump and started to walk over to me. His eyes were careful and his jaw was tight. I knew it took every fibre of his being to not give into his urges and sink his teeth into my neck.

He finally made it back over to me and took my face in his hands. I started to protest knowing it would cause him discomfort, but he silenced me with a finger to my lips.

"Don't you ever think I don’t want you Bella. You are more desirable than you give yourself credit for-"

"I know my blood calls to you Im sorry-"

"-That’s not what I meant love. You are desirable in a way I don't even fully understand yet. I started to feel this way three years ago but I buried it when I...left-"

His fists clenched against my face and I placed a soothing hand on his arm. He relaxed instantly.

"-I will never do that to you again, unless you order me away. I don't know how to control this feeling around you, its strange and not the same as blood lust. I love you Bella Swan, I will never hurt you because of this feeling."