Chapter 3

The next morning at the station David and Killian are waiting for Emma. She hardly got any sleep last night. Emma runs and never looks back. Now, she has to look back and it's something not done easily.

She walks in and swiftly shuts the door behind her. They stop their conversation. Killian promptly gives her his full attention. She sits in the chair next to him.

"He called. I am meeting him tonight. He wants to talk," she says quickly.

"Where?" Killian asks. He pulls out a legal pad and a pen.

"Granny's at seven," she says and he takes note.

"We won't have you wear a wire this time, but in the future you might have to. Just rebuild your relationship with him and we will move on from there," David says and she nods.

"Just be sure to report everything to us tomorrow morning," Killian reminds her.

"What do I do until tonight?" she asks.

"Work as usual, love," Killian says with a smirk. As if this is typical in Storybrooke. She looks at David and he nods, allowing her to leave. Emma walks out and plans on burying herself in paperwork, so she doesn't have to think about tonight.

The day goes on as usual and the nerves don't set in until later that night. The only thing that gets Emma to Granny's that night is the fact that none of this is real. It's all a game. A game in which Walsh ends up in prison.

When she opens the door she spots Walsh waiting for her in a booth. She takes a deep breath and walks over. He finally spots her and a grin spreads across his face. He gets up and hugs her when she approaches the table. She stiffens at the initial contact, but eases into the hug. The break apart and sit down. Ruby hurries over taking their order. All while giving Emma a skeptical look. Ruby and Mary Margaret are her closest friends and she's going to have to explain all of this to them. It's going to be a tough lie to tell.

"Emma, you look beautiful," he compliments.

"Thank you." She smiles.

"I just want to start off by saying how sorry I am. I should've known you weren't ready. I shouldn't have said any of those things to you," he says, sounding genuine.

"I think we can agree that we both said things that we regret," she adds. He takes her hand in his and gives it a squeeze.

"We can. I was so worried you wouldn't show up tonight. I have been a nervous wreck all day. What changed your mind? Why did you finally answer my call?"

"I realized I may have walked away too quickly. The ring it just scared me. Walsh, I am not ready for that, so I freaked out. We started arguing and I ran. All I have ever done is run, so I didn't know what else to do. Then I realized that I missed you. That maybe I shouldn't have run away. That maybe I judged you too quickly," she explains.

Emma is actually very good about lying about her feelings. Maybe it's because she knows what he wants to hear. How Walsh reacted just showed his true colors and she knew she made the right choice by leaving, but she has to sit here and stroke his ego, so she can throw his ass in jail.

With what she knows now she can't help, but look at him in a different way, but on the outside he seems like the same person.

"Emma, I reacted poorly and I am truly sorry about that. You had every right to run. I am just glad you came back to me. Will you give me a second chance?" he begs her. She considers this for a moment she wants to say no and walk right out the door. Emma knows that's not really an option, so she just shoves that thought to the back of her mind.