Chapter 13

The shrill ringing of Emma's phone wakes her in the middle of the night. Still half asleep she grabs it off the night stand.

"This better be good it's the middle of the night," she says with her eyes closed.

"Em, it's David. I hate to do this, but the ankle monitor company called and Walsh left his apartment. We have to go out to his place and see what happened," he explains. This catches her attention and she opens her eyes.

"Shit," she says as she sits up in bed.

"I know I can be at your place in ten," he states.

"I'm at Killian's actually," Emma says rubbing her eyes trying to wake up.

"Again? Isn't that the fifth night this week you've stayed there?" David asks with the tone of an older brother.

"David," Emma says in warning.

"Sorry, what's his address?" David asks. Emma reads it out to him and then hangs up. She leans over to Killian and shakes his shoulder. He simply stirs in his sleep.

"Killian," she says as she continually shakes his shoulder.

"Did the alarm go off," he mumbles and then finally opens his eyes, "What time is it?"

"It's almost 3:30," she sighs as she begins to get ready.

"And where are you going at this time of night? I see no reason for you to leave my bed," he says with a smirk. He wraps an arm around her waist and pulls her close. She wishes she could stay here in bed with him, but she can't.

"Walsh left his apartment. David is coming by and we are going to his apartment to see what the fuck happened," Emma says while slipping out of his arms. She begins to pull on yesterday's clothes.

"He did what? That's a violation of his bail," he pauses for a moment, "There's nothing I can do at this time of night, but I'll be at the station early," he sighs. Fully dressed Emma walks over to him.

"I know that. I just wanted you to know what happened and that I didn't leave in the middle of the night. I'll see you later," she smiles. He pulls her in for a passionate kiss. It takes everything she has to pull away.

"Be careful, Swan." His tone one of concern.

"Always am, Jones," she kisses his cheek and heads out the door. His front door shuts behind her and David is waiting for her in a police cruiser. She opens the door and slides into the seat. Without a word David hands her a thermos of coffee. She sips the coffee in an attempt to wake herself up.

"So, things with Killian are serious, huh?" David asks breaking the silence.

"What makes you say that?" Emma grumbles.

"You're staying over at his place a lot. He comes by the station for lunch with you. It's just an observation," David says with a shrug.

"It's not that serious," she opposes his statement, uncomfortable at the thought that what he is implying is true.

"Alright, whatever you say," his tone implying that he doesn't believe her.

"Do we know anything about what happened with Walsh?" Emma asks, changing the subject.

"Just that he isn't in his apartment. That's all they told me," David discloses. The rest of the short ride is in silence. They pull up to Walsh's apartment building a few minutes later. When they exit the elevator onto his floor they both pull out their guns. They approach his door and see Walsh sitting on the floor in front of his front door. They keep their guns trained on his, unable to see if he has a weapon. His hands go up in defense.