[Chapter 3] Classic Revenge

-Kalel's POV-

I woke up to the sun shining directly in my face. I sat up and a pain shot through my back. I remembered I was sleeping on Corin's couch. I hung my legs over the edge and scratched my head, my hair was stiff, and my clothes crunched as I moved; I forgot I went to sleep drenched from head to toe.

"Good morning, Kalel!" Melanie sang as she walked from the bedroom hallway into the kitchen, "Can I get you some coffee?"

"Sure," I answered groggily, standing up and making my way over to the bar stool that sat in front of the counter.

"How'd you sleep?" She asked me, filling the carafe with water.

"Eh, my bed at home is better," I mumbled under my breath.

"Hey Melan..." Corin stated as she walked out of her room, stopping in her tracks when she saw me, "Who is this?" She asked.

"That's Kalel, Corin," Melanie introduced us. I gave her a little wave, "She stayed the night because she broke up with Anthony."

"Wait...this is the girl?" Corin inquired, pointing her finger at me.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion. What did she mean by "the girl"? What has Melanie told her about me?

Corin sat beside me and cleared her throat, "So, you called it off with Anthony?"

I glanced over at her, "Yeah."

"What'd he do?" Melanie handed her the coffee mug and she immediately took a sip of it. I guess she liked her coffee straight up.

"Uh...he forgot our anniversary," I answered, taking my mug of coffee and adding some sugar and cream. Melanie leaned over the counter and began to drink her beverage.

"It's so weird that both you and Melanie here broke up with your boyfriends on the same day," Corin stated, "What did he do all day anyways?"

"He was with Ian doing a Smosh video."

"Wow...those guys are truly dedicated to their work if Anthony passed up his anniversary." I barely knew this girl, but she seemed really rude. And I didn't like it, "You know what you guys should do?"

"What?" Melanie and I asked in unison.

"You should get some classic revenge," She remarked with a sly smirk.

"What do you mean?" Melanie questioned.

"Well, from my past relationships, I learned that you should never show them your life is sad and miserable without them, even if it's true. Make it seem like you're far better off without them than you were with them. Make them regret treating you so badly." She took a sip of her coffee, acting as if she didn't just give us one of the best ideas ever.

"That's genius!" I exclaimed, "But...how do we make it seem like we're fine without them? I mean, we did spend a number of years with them..."

"Mels, get me a piece of paper and a pen," She demanded. Melanie made her way around the counter and pulled out the said materials from the small envelope desk. She scurried back and handed Corin the stuff.

She began to scribble down small phrases. I tried to read them as she wrote them:

-make break up public (get everyone on your side)

-find new boyfriends (not real ones)

-post tons of pictures and tweets on Facebook and Twitter about how happy you guys are

-invite exes to dinner to gloat how great the new boyfriends are

-(if they find new girlfriends) go on quadruple dates, but you have to be more happier and intimate than they are

-exes finally get jealous

-exes apologize

-HAPPY EVER AFTER!!! =)

"That's never going to work!" I yelled. Both Melanie and Corin shot me perplexed looks, "That's just to make them jealous of the fake lives we'd be living! And I don't see how being more happy and intimate with someone else is going to make them apologize."

Corin scoffed, "It's logic, dumbass. When they see you with someone else, they're going to go crazy! They'll realize they were wrong and come crawling back to you!"

"I think it's a great idea, Kalel," Melanie added, "I'm only going to do it if you do it, though. And we got to give it a shot. What do we have to lose?"

I crossed my arms, "It's demeaning! To all four of us!"

"What's the big deal?" Corin butts in, "I mean, the worst that happens is they find new girls and are much happier with them!" My jaw dropped, she had to be kidding, right? Did she not know about Anthony proposing to me or the long-lasting relationship Ian and Melanie had? "I mean, you left them, right?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "I guess I could give it a..."

Before I could finish, Melanie made her way over to me and gave me a tight side hug, "Thank you thank you thank you!"

I hugged her back awkwardly, "You're welcome?"

Melanie broke away and began to clean up the dishes. Corin went to go get ready. I picked up the piece of paper and read it over and over and over again, skeptical of how this is going to work.

"We should put something up soon," Melanie suggested as she ran the mugs under the hot water.

"I don't know how I feel about this though, Melanie!" I retorted, folding the piece of paper up and setting it back down on the counter, "It just have a feeling that it's going to blow up in our faces."

She turned the water off and dried her hands with a towel, "We got to give it a shot. Because I'm sure just talking to them isn't going to work."

"How do you know?"

She gulped, "I don't. I just...think talking to them would be more emotionally painful. For both of us."

I stood up and patted my wrinkled skirt down. I didn't want to talk about this anymore. I had an intuition that this isn't going to end well...for any of us...