twenty four • jet-star and the kobra kid/traffic report

Start from the beginning

"Party seemed weird about me going," Kobra finally mused, looking over at Jet as he said it, "it wasn't like him to just not question it at all."

"He seemed a bit stressed."

"Yeah...I guess."

"I don't think I could stay away much longer than another month, but I get it if you want to go back earlier than that."

"Nah, I'm fine. Or, I will be. But I also want to know what's going on, so I guess I'll have to wait until it's over, huh?"

"Yeah... well, flying solo isn't as bad as you would think. You'd be surprised, time flies."

- X -

Party Poison happened to be in Battery City as well, of course, on entirely different terms, but still there. Keeping his head down on his way through the slums as he clutched the bag of carbons close. He could dress as a porno droid and not be questioned, which was what he had done, of course meant staying in character and when he was asked for work he had to take it. It meant more carbons, and that could mean more or better quality of what he had come for, but he felt so dirty afterwards and like he didn't deserve to come home.

He'd been stopped by a scarecrow, which had just led him to another dingy room for another thirty minute kinky quickie. It was painful, mainly because it felt like such an awful betrayal, but once the scarecrow had left completely clueless, Party had fixed his hair and added more carbons to his bag. Once he'd made it to the vending machine, he'd looked it over before taking the three bottles from it after he'd paid. It was only because he couldn't get this shit out in the Zones, and even if he could it would be way more expensive. 

Keeping the bag close to his chest, he made his way out quickly. There was nothing more he wanted than to get out and get back to where Show Pony was waiting for him. The black he was wearing felt like it was sticking to him, squeezing his veins together and taking out any part of semi-respectable Killjoy he was. 

"What took you so long?" Show Pony had hissed once Party climbed back into the car, the lankier of the two spurring it into ignition then driving away from the city. The redhead slipped out of the heavy black overcoat, ripping off the tape quickly before pulling his normal shirt back on. 

"I'm sorry, I had to stay in character. Christ, I think I need to take a week long shower in acid to clean off."

"What?"

"I just...feel dirty." Party shuddered, rubbing his arms and shutting his eyes as he held the bag in his lap.

"I understand how you feel," the lanky man muttered, "however I still don't understand why we had to do this."

"Ghoul just needs it, okay?"

"Okay."

Show Pony wasn't getting any of the answers he wanted, but that was just something that Party was definitely okay with. He hated being so vague, but then again that's how it had to be- they could take care of this together, and nobody needed to know about it until it was gone; worry was not something either of them wanted or needed, nor did they want to be smothered by people trying to help.

"Do you still have booze?"

Show Pony pointed to the glove box. "Try not to get wasted. Boyfriends like Frank notice when you do that, no matter how sick they are."

Party took out the bottle, taking off the cap and taking a good drink from it before staring at the car roof. "Fuck, it's my fault he's like this. I shouldn't have-"

"So you do top!"

"Fuck! No, okay?! I'm the world's biggest fucking bottom. No turns, no nothing! I'm just a fucking kinkyass bottom who likes calling my boyfriend 'daddy'. Okay?"

"Sorry...we just made bets on it. Hot Chimp has managed to convince everyone he's pregnant except for Cola and D. You'd swear they've been around since Jesus himself was a boy."

"He's not fucking pregnant. Just sick."

"I'll believe that when I see it."

Party audibly groaned, drinking more of the burning alcohol before passing it over to Pony for a quick sip. The ride home was brutally long and tense, the two disagreeing on more things than others but able to pull themselves together in the end should they ever need to fight, they'd be fine.

Party left the booze and slipped out of the car before it even came to a complete stop, taking his bag and rummaging around inside as he walked through the diner.

Ghoul hadn't really moved, he could say that, but he was also asleep at first when Party entered. That didn't last long, because the redhead woke him up pretty quickly, but was crouching next to the bed when he turned over. Silence was between them for quite a bit until Party's hand moved to Frank's hip and the redhead kissed his forehead.

The smaller Killjoy was excitable, and moved the kiss down to his lips but had to pull away too soon for air. Party pulled the medicine out of his makeshift bag, sighing.

"That was all I could get," he murmured as he watched Ghoul read over the bottles.

"It's okay...thank you," the small Killjoy said quietly as he cracked the second bottle open to take some of the pills now.

"I..no, it's not okay. Fuck, baby I'm sorry. This is my fault, and...oh my God, I just..."

Ghoul looked up at the redhead, taking Party's hand pretty quickly in his own. "It's okay. I'm okay. I promise."

"You..you just need all that stuff, and I mean I'm the reason you're like this, and-"

"No. Neither of us knows how this happened, and it can stay that way. It's not gonna happen again either, especially if this fucking kills me, I just...maybe death isn't so bad after all. I come so close so often, maybe fate just wants me gone."

"Don't say that..."

"You know it's true."

Party just shook his head, looking down as he squeezed Ghoul's hand. It was a few moments before Party had taken off his boots and jacket, climbing into bed with the small Killjoy and ignoring any squirms of protest when he wrapped his arms around his waist.

The movement died down from Ghoul quickly, but he hadn't fallen asleep. Party moved his arms up to his chest, not wanting the inbetween in fear of hurting Ghoul. Why he had the fear, neither of them really knew. It was just there and occasionally got annoying.

"Can you sleep?" Party finally asked quietly after he'd untangled himself and had been laying on his back for ten minutes.

Ghoul snorted. "I haven't really slept for three months."

- - - - - -

Lol i'm leaving it right there, please don't kill me. So um i still dk about what exactly is going on but it's sorta important so shh.

What do you think is going on with Ghoul?? And what about Mikey and Ray just going off??

<3 you guys more than kanye loves kanye, votes and comments are appreciated xx