Chapter 9

The three partners-in-crime were looking down from heaven, watching the two make new discoveries about each other.

Day by day, they are amazed to see a love that is accepting, forgiving, and unconditional-but never hurried. The two are taking their time, just the way they want it.

God was the first to break the silence. He turned to Lola Mameng and asked, "What was your contribution to this love story?"

Lola Mameng smiled and answered, "Watch."

-----

Mama Ten was helping Maine carry her things from her car to her condo unit. They will be picking up Alden right after, they were just waiting for him to finish his SPS rehearsals.

"Pasok ka po, Mama Ten," Maine said as she opened the door.

"Grabe andami mo palang dala, sinong tumulong sa'yo nito pababa kanina?"

"Si Dean po. Ipatong niyo na lang po diyan sa table, please. Thank you, Mama Ten."

Mama Ten made himself comfortable and looked around Meng's condo unit. The place was perfect for her. It was tastefully designed and organized. He was looking at Maine's photo frame when something, or someone, caught her eye.

"Menggay, sino to?," he asked, holding up a family photo of the Capili-Mendoza clan and pointing to a lady dressed in blue.

"Ay, abuela ko po," Maine answered, "Bakit po?"

"Nasaan na sya ngayon?"

"Wala na po eh, nasa langit na."

"Ay, okay. Kamukha niya kasi yung fan ni Richard sa New York, yung nagbigay ng free voucher for Sagamore. Imposible naman na siya yun d ba?," Mama Ten said and placed the photo back down.

"So ano, tara na? Tapos na yata rehearsals nila."

And they left.

-----

Back in heaven, God was smiling.

"That was very clever."

Lola Mameng and Mommy Rio giggled like little girls and exchanged high fives.

~ End of Chapter ~