Chapter 5.2

He awoke to the sound of his phone ringing. He has nothing scheduled for the day so he decided to catch up on sleep. During his off-days, no one from his team bothers him. That's why he's surprised that Sam is calling him now.

"Sam? Anong meron?," he answered, his voice thick with sleep.

"Chard, may pinasok na schedule sa'yo ngayon lang. Kelangan kasi ng replacement ni Elmo for an event. Hindi siya pwede kasi nasa hospital mom niya."

"Anong event yun? At saan?"

"Debut, sa Quezon City Sports Club. Baka gusto mo nang gumalaw ngayon kasi 7 PM yung event."

"Tangina, Sam! Alas-syete? Alas-singko na, o! Nasa Laguna pa'ko, d ko pa alam ano isusuot ko. Jusko naman kayo!," he said in one breath just because he is on a state of panic.

He quickly jumped out of bed, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Kalma, Chard. Gamitin mo na lang ulit yung Francis Libiran tux. Yung black ha."

"Sige, sige. Maliligo na'ko. Dun na'ko didiretso ha? Kita na lang tayo."

Richard moved with lightning speed. He really doesn't want to keep anyone waiting so he makes it a point to always arrive at his commitments on time. By the time he was out of the bathroom, his tux was already laid out on the bed, courtesy of the ever-reliable Mama Ten.

Thirty minutes after Sam called, Richard and Mama Ten were on their way to the venue.

At 6:30 PM, Sam received a phone call.

He called Richard right after.