Chapter 8.3

It was 12:30 in the morning and she couldn't sleep. She had been counting sheep since the clock struck twelve but the trick failed her. Finally, she gave up.

Over the past three months since that fateful July 16 episode of Eat Bulaga's Kalyeserye, her life had drastically changed. It's a good thing that she is able to take a step back and not fully immerse herself into the whole picture. Otherwise, she will be consumed whole.

But yesterday was different. She did not have the luxury of being able to live in the moment so she's trying to replay the events of Tamang Panahon in chronological order. Everything was a blur. She was trying to remember bits and snippets when her cellphone rang.

It was Ate Pat calling. "Why would she be visiting at this unholy hour?," Maine thought to herself.

She pressed the answer button.

"Ate Pat! May nangyari ba? Okay ka lang?," she asked in panic.

"Hindi ako okay. May ayaw kasi magpatulog. Jusko, bwisit na bwisit ako," Pat retorted.

Maine scrunched her nose, "Ha? Sino?"

"Si Alden Richards, dalaw sa madaling araw ang trip. Buksan mo yung pinto, nandyan siya sa labas ng bahay mo."

Maine ran to the gate and opened it to see him holding his ear, a habit he is fond of doing when he is either shy or embarrassed. He turned fifty shades of crimson when he saw her.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito sa Bulacan ng alas-dose y medya ng madaling araw?," she was incredulous.

"Hi, Maine," he began, "pwede bang pumasok? Baka makita tayo ng mga kapitbahay mo, 'lam mo na, baka ma-issue ka."

Right. Realizing that what he just said was true, she opened the gate wider for him to come in.

Ate Pat was still on the line, Maine could hear her ranting.

"Meng, ibababa ko na 'to at matutulog. Kasi yan talaga ang dapat na ginagawa ko ngayon. Magligawan na kayong dalawa diyan. Leche kayo dinamay niyo pa'ko."

Maine laughed in response. She held out the phone to Alden.

"Ingat, Ate Pat. At salamat," Alden said.

"Tangina, anong salamat? Padala ka ng sampung boxes ng pizza sa baranggay sa Lunes," and she disconnected the call.

The two were inside Maine's house now, with Alden standing near the doorway.

"Upo ka, Alden. Ano gusto mo, juice? Water?"

"Water na lang, please. Medyo nanuyo lalamunan ko sa nerbyos."

Maine laughed, "Loko ka. Medyo awkward nga pero keri lang. Paano mo nalaman ang bahay ko? At bakit ka napasugod dito?"

"Binigay ni Ate Pat yung address."

"O, so bakit ka nga napasugod?"

"Kasi may gusto akong sabihin sa'yo."

"Hindi mo ba pwedeng itext, tawag, or fansign? Kailangan talaga dito? Ngayon? Ganitong oras?"

"Oo, Maine. Kailangan dito, ngayon, ganitong oras." he said while taking his phone out of his pocket.

"Ang weird mo. Ano ba kasi yun?"

"Akyat ka muna sa kwarto mo."

"Ano? Iiwan kita dito? Baka pagbalik ko wala na mga gamit namin ha," she teased.