Chapter 6.3

They should have ended the call at 3 AM, yet they did not. Instead, they settled into a comfortable silence. No words were necessary. They knew.

-----

Two days later, Maine left for New York.

Richard went to work.

Both of them sad.

Both of them hopeful.

-----

Lola Mameng, Mommy Rio, and the third partner-in-crime were sitting quietly, mulling over the events of the past few days.

Rio was hurting for her son. He had been left alone for too many times in his life.

Lola Mameng was crying for her granddaughter. She had been too scared for far too long.

"Why are you both sad?," their third partner asked, "Can't you see the beauty in what just happened?"

The two ladies shot him a questioning look.

"A love such as theirs comes once in a lifetime. Be happy because one of them has realized that they are destined for each other. Being away from each other would prepare them for what is to come."

"But how will they find each other when they don't even know their names?," Rio asked.

"Just because it did not happen now doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. Remember, ladies, Love has its ways. Trust me. When the time is right for them to meet, they will know."

~ End of Chapter ~