Chapter 4.3

Maine silently walked back to the office, cursing herself for not coming out to see the artista guy.

All her life, she had been fascinated with celebrities. In fact, it is her ultimate secret dream to become one someday but she felt like she has nothing to bring to the table.

With her back to the door, she proceeded to work on the task assigned to her by Coleen. She was so focused, not wanting to make a mistake with her ledger entries, that she did not hear the knock but she did hear a voice.

She looked up.

Standing on the doorway was Alden Richards.

-----

He is staring at the most beautiful set of big brown eyes he has ever seen. Her eyes were so deep he felt like he could drown in them.

"Hi. Can I help you with anything?," she spoke.

That voice. He was pretty sure he heard it before.

Quickly recovering, he managed to croak out a feeble response, "Hi. Naiwan ko yung credit card ko dito. I had my tire fixed mga five minutes ago."

"Ay, wait. I'll ask the cashier ha. Please sit down," she motioned for him to sit at a swivel chair.

After a short while, she was back holding out his card to him.

"Here you go. Pasensya ka na sa abala ha. Bumalik ka pa tuloy."

"No problem. My fault din naman," he smiled. He would have wanted to stay longer and talk to her but he has no more reason to do so.

So he stood, said thanks, and headed to his car. He buckled his seatbelt, turned toward Mama Ten, and asked, "Ma, naniniwala ka ba sa love at first sight?"

Mama Ten narrowed his eyes at Richard and said, "Hindi, bakit?"

He merely shrugged. He turned the engine on, shifted gears, and started to drive.

"Wala lang. Nagtatanong lang," he answered and then he fell silent all through their way home.

Unknown to Mama Ten, Richard was thinking about one girl.

A girl named Julie.

-----

The three partners-in-crime were watching the events as they unfolded-silently until the two women exploded at the same time: JULIE?!

Mommy Rio was covering her mouth with her hands, her eyes wide with surprise.

Lola Mameng has her hand over her heart, her eyes brimming with tears.

~ End of Chapter ~

A/N: Huwag kayong magalit sa'kin ha? Ganyan talaga ang buhay. Lamyu.