Chapter 5.3

The party was in full swing. Maine was having a lot of fun and the only glitch to the well-planned event was Elmo's last minute cancellation but since they were going to send a replacement, all is good.

"Alden Richards," she thought. She remembered meeting him 2 months ago when he had his car tired fixed late one night. "Cute din naman kaya pwede na."

Her Ate Nikki had informed her of the changes. Alden will not be able to act as her escort anymore because he will be arriving late. Instead, he'll sing the songs during the 18 Roses part of the program.

She's doubtful as to whether she will have the chance to interact with her celebrity guest. Maine is pretty sure he'll leave right after his number but she's hoping she could at least have her photo taken with him.

"I would like to invite the members of the 18 Roses to please gather at the side of the dance floor," the emcee was saying.

Maine waited in excitement. She knew Alden Richards was about to come out anytime soon and this will be a wonderful surprise to her guests.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a very special guest tonight. To serenade our debutante and her 18 Roses, please welcome..."

"Oh this is gonna be epiiiic...," Maine was silently screaming.

"Elmo Magalona!"

*****

Lola Mameng and Mommy Rio were dumbfounded. None of them saw it coming.

And then they spoke at the same time. Realizing the absurdity of the moment, they stopped talking at the same time, too.

The third partner-in-crime spoke, "The phone call that Sam made to Richard informed him that Elmo was pushing through with the event so he would no longer need a replacement."

Mommy Rio reached out for her Lola Mameng's hand.

One of the ladies asked, "So okay na yung mom ni Elmo?"

"Yes," a fourth voice answered, "okay na siya."

They turned to see who it was.

Standing behind them was Francis Magalona.

~ End of Chapter ~