Chapter 4

Dylan looked outside his office glass windows and saw that it was almost beginning to dawn. Morning is setting in. He had decided to come to his office after his not so good episode at his pad. He often times do that. Spend his entire evening at his office. His turf.

In the beginning, when he was just starting at his chosen career path, he and few of his staffs rented the office at the 20th floor of a building strategically situated in the heart of city of dreams. Now, after just three years, he had earned enough money already to buy off that building and his employees ballooned to thousands. Just imagining that a thousand families was depending on him for their daily expenses make him feel satisfied. Fulfilled. Successful.

He had been marked as the "Legend" behind the most sought after game, Google play had to offer. C-Craft short for Constellation craft. With the advent of technology, he had produced a good number of applications that was all helpful including the apps to detect hackers, cctv 101, how to locate someone with just a text message and others which all became a hit. He hadn't even intended to become a game producer or an application maker. It was just a hobby. He wouldn't have pushed his ideas to produce a game if not for..... if not for KC who had believed in him. Shit. He had decided to go to his office to help him clear his mind a bit of her and here he was at it again!! Sometimes his heart has a brain of its own. Or is it that his brain had been invaded by his heart?

Someone opened his office door and barged in. His secretary nearly jumped in surprise and muttered a profanity.

"Boss! Don't you ever sleep?? I'm sorry I didn't knock, I didn't know you were here already..." Xylin exclaimed.

Dylan just nodded. "I just got in."

"Hold on a second while I order your coffee downstairs Boss," Xylin excused while she immediately dialed the local downstairs.

Xylin had been his efficient secretary way back from the start. She was one of his staffs who had witnessed how they worked their way up in the industry. Ofcourse, it wouldn't have been made possible if not for the one who financed him too. But, he had paid all the one he was indebted too from the time his business hit grand slam.

His coffee arrived within a couple of minutes.

"Hey Xylin, do I have an urgent meeting this week?? What's on your list?"

Xylin reached for her pocket organizer courtesy of Dylan's company, Mitchell Unlimited. It was a prototype. It wasn't out in the market yet and believe me it would make them thrice richer when it was out for selling.

DYLAN MITCHELL's (THE BOSS)

In order of importance. (Project KC, Business, Family, Love game)

1. PKC – no search found

2. 10 reports of bugs, virus hit, game testers go signal sign, pocket organizer launching, meeting with possible investors from Japan and Thailand

3. Darren Greggory, Dylan's father called about his request for his sons presence on his company's 60th founding date.

4. Carrie called and texted 106 times, Miranda called 65 times, Angelique texted 34 times, Phoebe called 12 times, Danielle texted 8 times and Eunice called 1 time.

Xylin enumerated all in her list, while Dylan sat there reading the list projected in his whiteboard.

"Ran the search again for PKC." Dylan instructed. He was so frustrated while up until now no traces of KC were appearing on his monitor screen. It must have been a glitch in his search system, or his databases were not updated or maybe the satellite was on a hibernation?? The last one was too far fetched he knows but he was running out of excuses.

"Okay noted Boss."

"Moved my meeting with the investors from Japan and Thailand or if they want to meet with Lucas, its fine by me. I'm planning to take a leave this week. Book me a roundtrip ticket to Sta Monica." Lucas was his most trusted general manager and the one who oversees his business when he wasn't around.

"Oh! You're planning to visit your birth town Boss??," Xylin asked.

"Yeah. I haven't seen it in ages.... And gotta catch some fresh air I guess."

"Sounds good Boss, you seem overworked lately. I'll book it right away."

"Now for the girls," Dylan said with wry humor."Send them flowers except Eunice. Buy them a different token each. I'll call Eunice when I got the time or if I know her she'll dropped by today. She always do." Eunice was the daughter of Mr. Parks, the big man behind his financing needs. Eunice didn't hide the fact that she was attracted to him from the onset of his business but Dylan preferred not to mix business and pleasure. It's not that she wasn't pretty or attractive, in fact she was. But, he didn't want Eunice to be a part of his love game. He respected her well enough.

"I think that settles it for the day. By the way someone from Cali hacked my email. Check who he was or if he was a competitor. Check if my anti hacked system was down or if it's a bug."

Xylin was nodding and writing hastily at her pocket organizer.

"Boss, you skipped number 3. Your dad called."

Well, its nothing new. His dad always called asking him for a personal appearance at his company. Moving to the city was a decision, he and his mom had debated on. And when they finally decided, his dad appeared on the scene. His biological father was already widowed, got two beautiful daughters (his step sisters) and almost immediately asked for him if he would want to take over his company. He don't want to sound so boastful but his company was almost as stabled as his father's enterprise was.

"Allright the next time he calls, tell him I'll make myself available at his founding date. But please tell him that it would be the first and last. I don't want anything to do with his company. I got my own company to run."

"Okay boss. By the way your birthday was coming up. Do you want me to plan something???"

He hadn't thought about that. He rarely think about his birthday because if he did, he will surely remember KC next because her birthday comes next after his. God. Almost all of his life event was based on KC one thing or another. He sighed.

"I'll let you know."

By the time he and Xylin had finished plotting his entire week activities, all the employees of Mitchell Unlimited had already arrived. Their application store below was already swarming with customers.