Chapter 16

Ford yawned and picked up a few of Fidds bags. "Here, I'll take these in there for you." As he reached out to grab the luggage his shirt sleeve moved up some, revealing scars from what looked like a knife. "Ford? What are these?!" Fiddleford asked with worry strung throughout his words as he grabbed Fords arm firmly while still being careful not to hurt him. "Oh, that's just from a wood chopping accident. My hand slipped, that's all." Ford lied through his teeth. Truthfully, he didn't know why they were there or what they were from, but he just got his best friend back and he didn't want to worry him already.
Fiddleford didn't believe him for one second and glanced down at Fords hand. '1...2...3...4..5..6....oh thank god.' Fiddleford felt a weight come off his chest for a moment and just decided to go along with what Ford said had happened. "Well, I'm just glad you got both arms and all six digits!" He forced and smile and chuckled. He knew the possibility of Ford cutting off his extra fingers was unfortunately high, he always worried about what Ford would do when left alone with sharp objects long enough. Ford smiled back and blushed once he noticed Fiddlefords hand still wrapped around his arm. He cleared his throat and started walking into his room with the bags. Fiddleford followed him into the bedroom and watched as he sat the bags down on the bed. "Sorry if it's a bit messy...I'll be in the study if you need anything." Ford practically ran out of the room. Fiddleford smiled and chuckled. "Same old Ford." He said and closed the bedroom door and unpacked all of his things although he wasn't sure where to put it all, he presumed the dresser drawers were full so he didn't want to open them, instead he decided to plop down on the bed, his feet hanging off the side. The blankets he was now laying on top of still smelled of Ford, he must've forgotten to wash them. 'Same old Ford.' Fiddleford couldn't help but laugh. He became more and more tired as he laid there, after all it did take a long bus ride to get there. He eventually fell asleep.

Ford sat in a spinning office chair and lit a few red candles around his desk and started to jot things down in one of his journals before coming to a sudden realization. "Aaaand I forgot to tell him where the study is." He sighed heavily and rode the elevator back up to the house part of the cabin and knocked softly on the bedroom door. "Fiddleford?" He asked and waited a few seconds for a response, when he got none he slowly opened the door to see Fiddleford fast asleep on the bed. Ford smiled warmly and walked over to the tall sleeping engineer. He pulled Fidds feet up onto the bed and repositioned him carefully so that his head was resting on the soft pillows and covered him up with a large blue comforter. "Goodnight, Fiddlesticks, you deserve the rest..." He started to leave but was stopped by a quiet whimper that came from Fiddleford who was still asleep but now appeared to be having a nightmare. Ford slowly walked over to Fiddleford and shook his shoulder, carefully. "Fidds, buddy?" He said just barely loud enough to be heard, which was surprisingly enough for Fiddleford to awake. "I'm sorry!" He shouted in a panicked manner. "Shh, your OK Fidds, it was just a nightmare." Ford hesitantly rubbed Fiddlefords back and sat beside him on the bed. Fiddleford took a moment to calm down before saying anything. "Ford?" Fiddleford glanced up at the man sitting beside him. "Hmm?" Ford gave a small smile. "This is going to sound...odd..but, do you think you could...lay here with me for a little while?" Fiddleford asked quietly, followed by immediate regret. Ford blushed deeply but didn't even need to think about the answer. "Of course! I know you've been through a lot lately....and well, I'm here for you, Fidds."Ford gave a reassuring smile, it felt as if he were say 'it'll be OK.' It gave Fiddleford a lighter feeling, almost as if he actually believed everything was going to be OK. "Mind if I...." Fiddleford looked at Fords hand as the brunette curled under the covers beside Fidds, both were still fully clothed. Ford smiled over at Fiddleford who was laying beside him and put his hand on top of his, intertwining their fingers. The atmosphere of the entire house seemed to change into a much more relaxed and warm one. It felt so perfectly familiar.

(Don't worry, a certain "friend" of Fords, put out the candles downstairs........probably.)

I also need to apologize for the long breaks between published chapters, I was busy with convention stuff until Monday. But here's at least three chapters! May write a few more tonight, not sure though.