Chapter 8

The two best friends made their way through the mostly empty halls of the college, once they reached the parking lot Ford unlocked the car "Mind if I drive?" He looked over to Fiddleford who was already getting in on the passengers side. "Of course not!" He chuckled. Ford crawled into the rusty red pickup truck.
He cranked it and started driving out of the parking lot and down the street. It only took about ten or so minutes to arrive at their destination, a small nice looking diner.
Ford held the diners door open for his roommate. Fiddleford blushed slightly as he walked inside. "Thanks pal." He forced a smile. 'Pal' the word caused Ford a small pain in his chest but he smiled anyway.
They sat down at a booth by one of the windows. A waitress came by to give them menus. "You boys know what you'd like to drink?" She asked with a notepad and pencil in her hands. She looked rather young, probably in her mid twenties. "Do y'all have sweet tea?" Fiddleford asked in his ever so southern accent which Ford couldn't help but smile at, especially accompanied by that question. The waitress nodded in response. "Great! Then I'll have a sweet tea and, Ford? Pitt Cola as usual right?" He looked over to his friend. Fords' face turned a light shade of pink "Oh! Yeah, one Pitt Cola for me." He smiled and said very awkwardly. "Alright sugar." The waitress winked at Ford and walked off. "I think she likes you." Fiddleford said quietly and stared at the menu. Fords' face turned a darker shade of red. "What!? No she-" his voice cracked as it often did when he was nervous "must've had something in her eye! Besides you know I'm...... homosexual." He whispered the last word quietly.
Fiddleford was the only person he had come out to and he'd prefer to keep it that way for the time being.
Fiddleford gave a small chuckle.
"I know, but she doesn't. I could pretend to be yer' boyfriend but I don't think that would go over well." He actually wished Ford said yes to that odd plan but knew he wouldn't so he passed it off as a joke. Ford sighed ".....hey it's a bit quiet, can I borrow a couple of cents for the jukebox?" He asked, noticing the jukebox across the quiet room.
Fidds shrugged and gave him a couple of cents for the machine.
He walked over and inserted the change.
He scrolled through many songs, some new, some old. Songs by popular artist such as Elvis Presley, The Beatles and others were on there as to be expected, he smirked and chose the song 'Come and Get Your Love' , one of Fiddlefords' favorites and one of the few Ford also enjoyed.
He walked back over to the booth and smiled over at Fiddleford who was humming along to the song.
He blushed at his friend as their eyes met. 'Don't do it Ford, don't do it. That's a bad idea. Don't do it.' Ford went against his thoughts and abruptly stood back up from the booth and reached his six fingered hand out to Fiddleford nervously. "Care to dance?"

'IDIOT!' Ford almost pulled his hand back but couldn't even move. His hand was shaking from nerves.