Chapter 5

As the months passed Fiddleford started getting used to Fords' late night study sessions and odd research but he honestly hated it. Ford would go days without sleep. He was always studying even though he could ace any test without the obsessiveness.

It was rather late and Fiddleford had just gotten back to their dorm after a week long visit with family, he opened the shared dorm rooms door to see Ford asleep at his desk surrounded by papers, books, and several chewed up pens.
The pen chewing was one of Fords' more tolerable quirks and Fiddleford even found it rather cute.
He didn't want to wake his friend but he looked so cold and lonely, even with that big inviting sweater. Fiddleford smiled lightly and covered his best friend with one of his blankets and kissed the top of his head. "G'night, Fordsie."
He couldn't help but call him that. Although he'd only dare say it when Ford wasn't able to hear him. The two had grown remarkably close over the months of college and it was a very rare sight to see them separated. They were the perfect duo, but not yet a couple, even though they were both attracted to one another they were much to shy to ever admit to these feelings. Once changed into his pajamas Fiddleford crawled into his bed and dozed off into a peaceful sleep.
As the sun was just barely starting to rise Fords' space themed alarm clock sounded. Ford groaned and sniffled. "Just...just...ten more hours Fiddlesticks...." He groggily moaned out of habit.
"We have the day off ,Ford." Fiddleford chuckled quietly and reminded his closest friend. Ford blushed at the southerners words. "F-FIDDS... When did you get home?" He asked, clearly embarrassed for no real reason. "Just last night. I see you've been busy." Fiddleford joked and tossed one of Fords' chewed up pens into the paper filled trash can next to Fords' wooden desk. Fords' tired eyes widened slightly. "Just a bit...so, how was the visit with your family?" Ford rubbed his eyes with the palms of his large hands, causing his glasses to lift up. His dark brown hair was so messy and looked quite fluffy, well, fluffier than usual that is.
"Oh it went well, just normal family stuff. Lots of mockery from siblings and grandma' trying to set me up with stereotypical southern belles." Fiddleford said with a light airy feel to his voice.
"Sounds like fun." Ford stated, still exhausted.
"You should sleep some more..." Fiddleford said with concern for his friends health. "No, I'm fine. Let's go get breakfast or something....I'll pay." Ford stretched and yawned. Fiddleford laughed quietly when really he was incredibly annoyed with his friend. Ford needed to sleep. "Ford, I'm serious. You need sleep. Just look at your eyes!" Fiddleford pointed out the dark circles and bags under Fords' brown eyes.