Chapter 4

Ford glanced up at Fiddleford and noticed something, he didn't have any bags or suitcases. "Didn't you pack anything?" Ford asked confused at his friends lack of luggage.
"SWEET SALLY" Fiddleford screeched and bolted out of the room quickly. Ford was confused, very, very confused.
A few minutes had passed before Fiddleford returned holding a couple of large boxes along with a couple of bags slung across his back. As he walked back into the dorm room he struggled to keep his balance, he was definitely clumsy and the uneven distribution of weight only made things worse. "Let me help you with those!" Ford offered kindly and started to grab the boxes Fiddleford held in his arms. Unknowingly, Ford grabbed onto Fiddlefords' hand instead of the cardboard box he intended to grab. Fiddleford could feel his knees become weak and he was blushing furiously. 'Oh no.' The tall lanky man thought to himself as their hands touched.
"Oh! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to do that I'm so so sorry!" Ford apologized repeatedly. Fiddleford let a small laugh escape him. "No need ta' apologize Ford! All you did was touch my hand, nothin' wrong with that!" The sweet southerner smiled at Ford who looked very nervous. "Sorry I rushed out so quick! I had completely forgotten about my stuff! I left my truck unlocked and everything." He chuckled. Ford laughed lightly. "That explains it......by the way, you can have has much of the room as you'd like, I could also set up a separation curtain in the middle of the room or wherever you want if you'd prefer your privacy." He said as he flipped through pages of a nearby book, trying to avoid the eye contact of his roommate. "I'm fine but thank you for the generous offer, although if you'd prefer the curtain, feel free to put it up. I won't mind none." Fiddleford began to unpack his boxes and bags that he and Ford sat on his bed. "No,no, I'm fine without as well....." But maybe they were better off with that curtain. Ford couldn't help but stare at Fiddleford for seconds at a time as the taller student unpacked. He assumed his roommate was straight seeing as most on campus were. Except for Ford, but of course he wasn't going to say anything, after all no one asked, or cared about him let alone his romantic preferences. Honestly he was hoping to get through college without any romantic drama but here he was, his second day, already buried miles deep.