Chapter 14

The short brunette turned in his sleep. He slowly opened his eyes and yawned. "Oh, howdy darlin'" he could hear is partner say from the other side of the room. Fiddleford was sitting on Fords messy bed flipping through the pages of a book. "How are you feelin'?" He asked and looked over to his roommate with a concerned expression on his face. Ford sat up and yawned again, followed by a cough. "Fine. Thank you for your concern." He winced at the pain in his stomach and curled his spine, holding his arms over his stomach in pain. "Well, clearly, you aren't fine." Fiddleford stood up and walked over to Ford, laying him back down. "You've been overworking yourself to begin with, you need to rest." Fiddleford said with a stern voice, a change from the normal sweetness of his southern accent.
"But what about our classes?" Ford tried to get up again but was stopped by Fiddlefords lips on his forehead. "Darlin', you're smarter than all the students in this college put together, don't worry. You'll ace any test anyways." Fidds said meekly and smiled at his sick boyfriend. He started to walk back to Fords bed but was stopped by Fords six fingered grasp on his arm. "Wait!" Ford looked up at his blue eyed partner. "Let's snuggle." He suggested and scooted over so Fiddleford could lay down and be the little spoon, although he was a considerable amount taller.
Fiddleford smiled and blushed. Even though Ford was sick he didn't want to deny his partner snuggles, after all Ford loved to snuggle, especially when he wasn't feel to well. Fiddleford crawled in bed and curled up in Fords (shockingly) muscular arms. "Hmmmm I love you." Fiddleford cooed sweetly while in his roommates embrace. Ford grinned and kissed the back of Fidds head gently. "I love you too."

As time went on the two became closer and seemingly perfected their relationship, not that it didn't have it's ups and downs because it definitely did. They'd argue over things like the fact Ford spends to much time with his face in books than spending time with his extremely caring and sweet boyfriend. They started to become more open about their relationship in public (but not around certain students), and with each other. They would lay in bed just talking for hours about their problems which definitely seemed to help Fords emotional stability. They still were at the cuddles and kisses stage, they didn't want to rush anything, well that and every time they start getting intimate they were interrupted in some way. Their few years of college seemed to speed by, especially seeing as they were with each other every step of the way.

Today was the day. The day Ford had dreaded. Graduation. Well, the day they actually moved out to be more specific. Ford and Fiddleford stood outside in the parking lot talking about their plans. "So...you're heading to Palo Alto? It's official?" Ford asked nervously and kicked and small rock with his foot. "Haha....yep! Bought a house and everythin'! You uh...you should come visit...when you get a break from your research in Oregon that is." Fiddleford forced a smile and looked at his sad friend. "Ha...yeah. I'll...I'll try." Ford sheepishly looked up at Fiddleford and forced a smile as well, he was happy for Fiddleford after all, he shouldn't be so sad about this right? Fiddleford heard the trunk on a car close. His brothers had finished packing for him. Fiddleford sighed and started to tear up. "Dang it, Stanford Pines, I'm going to miss you." Fiddleford hugged his friend tightly, not wanting to let go. 'Why can't we just stay like this forever?' The southerner thought. Ford started to feel tears running down his own warm face. "Fiddleford Hadron McGucket, thank you. Thank you for everything you've done for me. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you." Ford couldn't help but think back on all the times when Fiddleford pulled him out of his depression and anxiety when it seemed hopeless and he couldn't be more thankful for that. "Thank you for giving me something to live for." Ford said once Fiddleford finally pulled away from the hug, reluctantly. Fiddleford took one of Fords hands and kissed it gently. "Don't ever let anyone tell you that your not the most gosh darn beautiful man to ever exist you hear me?" Fiddleford gazed into Fords brown eyes and leaned in for one last kiss before they would part ways. The kiss wasn't one of their most passionate ones due to the fact they feared it would make their separation even more painful. The blue eyed boy took a second to take his partner in again just one more time before hugging him warmly one last time. "Don't forget to call." He whispered into Fords ear and with that he left. He was on his way to California and Ford was on his way to Oregon. If there's one think they knew for sure is that they'd never forget each other and their experience together.