She smiled and turned around, only to receive a kiss. She let out a nervous laugh and her smile stayed in place. She turned back to the girl at the counter to get her ticket. Ro stepped aside for Gabe to get his. Her insides shook as she watched Gabe flirt with the girl. She was insulted, and even more pissed at men in general.

Once he turned back to Ro though, staring into his eyes with his goofy smile, Ro forgave him. They walked in silence into the movie, and once it was both, they both felt electricity.

Mico woke up annoyed, and stayed that way as he showered and got ready for his 'date' with Alexia. He knew today was the only day to tell her off, and let her know they were not going to ball together.

He picked her up just in time, and they managed to make it into the movie as commercials were still illuminating the screen. "Mico," she whined, "let's sit at the back...all alone," she he'd headed for a middle row seat. He winced but let her lead him and prepare himself for the scariest two hours of his life.

Ro and Gabe were looking straight ahead, neither looking at each other at exactly the same time. She had butterflies in her stomach and she was very nervous. The kiss in the ticket line was still on her mind.

As the last commercial was ending, Ro heard Mico's name. She shivered in her back corner seat. Gabe looked over at her and put his arm around her. "You okay?" He asked, and she nodded slowly. She relaxed as they looked at each other. He took her face in his hand and cradled it gently as he slowly pressed his lips to hers.

She let out a shaky breath and he whispered, "Is that okay?" She responded by kissing him deeply. Both of them forgot the world.

Mico, when at the top., looked at the empty theater below. He knew what Alexia wanted to do. He would need an excuse to get out of it eventually. The only thing he could see, however, was one couple sucking each others' faces off. He cringed when Alexia turned his head around with her hand and practically attacked him.

He tried not to respond, but Alexia was good at what she did, and she was terribly enthusiastic. Somehow, Alexia got his pants unbuttoned, and althought Mico was far from calm. he didn't want Alexia to do what she was doing. In all honesty he just wanted Ro.

It was enough to make him turn his lips away from Alexia's in time to notice blonde curls, causing him to shake. Alexia started purring obnoxiously, trying to keep him into it, but he was done. He shoved her away and replaced hs pants. He stood up, looked at Ro and shouted, "Rosalina Marie, what the hell?!"

He watched her jump nearly out of her seat and bite her lip. In a way she felt incredibly guilty, but then the thought of why he was here crossed her mind. Alexia stood behind him.

"Why are you here, Mico?" Ro saw him swallow audibly. She was shocked when he screamed, "I came here to tell this hoe that I'm not going to ball with her; that I'm going with you! And I find you acting like a hoe yourself!" Rosalina was shocked into silence. Tears filled her eyes. He was right.

Mico caught sight of Gabe. "Oh you little SHIT!" He yelled, "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU." Gabe was pissed they had been interrupted by Mico's temper but Ro was pissed Mico was with Alexia. Alexia stood, getting ready to become the center of attention by screaming at Mico, but then his words sunk in.

Suddenly the girl was shaking so hard her bracelets were banging against each other. "WHAT?!" She exclaimed, forcing Mico to look at her.

"I. Am. Not. Going. To. Ball. With. You." He ennunciated each word slowly so that she would take the hint. She looked broken. Although Mico felt a smidgen of guilt, he didn't feel badly about alienating her. Ro felt sick inside.

"Mico, I'm-" She began, but he cut her off. "No, Lina. Come over when you decide who you want." He stormed out of the theater and Alexia glared at Rosalina.

"I hate you," she snarled. Then she took out her credit card and said, "I'm going shopping."

Ro put her face in her hands, not noticing Gabe's hand rubbing her back to comfort her. "Rosalina?" He inquired, causing her to lift her head. "You're not a hoe, and I'm sorry. I really like you. There's nothing wrong with this because we like kissing each other. Do you understand?" Ro smiled weakly. "Yes," she replied. She still felt guilty when they kissed, and her heart sank while they watched the movie.

Mico slammed his car door, blared his music, and tried to breathe the whole way home to obey the speed limit. Once home he slammed his car door, the house door, and the door to his room. He sat on his bed staring at his picture of Ro. He didn't even know her anymore.

He was so angry he could cry. Instead he called Jay and asked if he could come over. When he got to Jay's he led his friend straight to the basement. He was going to do something he knew he was going to regret when Ro found out.

He went to the familiar corner, and opened the floorboard beneath the bar and reached in it for the bag. Mico lit the bowl and began smoking his weed. Jay joined him and the two smoked far longer than to the point of getting high. Mico felt dazed and happy.

They raided Jay's cupboard for six hot pockets, ten cheese sticks, and a family sized bag of chips each. After they finished their spoils, they drank some of Jay's dad's beer before they fell asleep.

Saying goodbye to Gabe was hard, and when she kissed him Ro lost track of her feelings. Inside she knew she may love him, but she also knew she loved Mico. There was just something about Gabe that made her feel special. Mico was safe, but at the same time he was more aloof. Gabe showed whatever he was feeling.

As she was callng her friend for a ride, she watched Gabe leave with a heavy sadness in her heart. Bryan picked Rosalina up and drove her home, happy to have seen her after such a long time. She let herself inside, took care of the pets, and sat on her bed.

After five minutes of feeling numb, Ro felt a tear slide down her face. They day had given her a chance too feel normal again, without remembering her cervical cancer. She had two days until her first chemotherapy treatment. She decided she was going to pray.

For the rest of the day, night, and church on Sunday Ro asked God to make her strong. She knew she was not going to be feeling beautiful after that day.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Perfect timing! Time for me to clean the machine at work ;).

I just read my next chapter (the second to last I had written back in eighth grade)...it sucks and it's a lot packed into one chapter. I will attempt to make it longer.

It's not the second to last chapter though! The story's almost over....so the next few chapters will be me finishing the next part of their lives.

Get ready folks, this is it!