Chapter Eleven

Nobody

"Rae.. See if you can lift this ten pound one." Kevin handed her the bar. She lifted it with ease.

"That's my girl." Kevin smiled and began lifting his 357.

"Leg press!" Raegan cheered as she watched Kevin sit down on the bench that you sit on. "I wanna do it too!" Raegan cheered. "Here." He scooted the seat up and put her in between his lap. "Push your legs forward." He told her. He put his life legs on the side and barley pushed to help her out. Raegan did about 5, and then Kevin did about 30 himself.

"Come on, fifteen pushups, fifteen jumping jacks, and fifteen sit-ups."

"Alright." They both began doing it.

~~~~~

Kevin

"When's momma gonna be home?" Raegan asked me.

"Whenever she's done with whatever she's doing at work." Kevin rubbed her head. "Go get in the shower little one, then how about we go get frozen yogurt?"

"Cheese burgers too?"

"Whatever you want."

"Okay." She ran upstairs.

"Hey, baby.. Roniah must be really happy." Tanya walked into the kitchen with a trash bag, walking it to the back door.

"About what?"

"She didn't tell you?"

I laughed. "Tell me what?" I asked. She sat the trashcan down, grabbed a glove and then sorting out of the trashcan. "She's pregnant." She pulled out a pregnant test. I shook my head. "No.. She didn't tell me."

It's the pregnancy test I threw away. "I can't wait to congratulate her.." She said dryly. "You think it's Carlos's, right?"

"I mean, I guess. Who's else would it be?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I don't know.. I didn't think they was all that serious."

"Yeah. They're dead serious." I told her. She nodded. "I'm about to shower and then me and Rae's going downtown."

"Where to? Can I come?"

"I was honestly just trying to spend some time with her alone."

She nodded. "That's fine. Oh, and Kevin.. I totally understand that's your child's mother, and you're co-parenting under the same roof for the sake of your daughter... But it's too awkward for me, so I think ima stay at my place for a while, until I can adjust."

I chuckled. "That makes no sense.. How are you going to adjust if your not here to do so. You can't just come over and adjust to my daughter and her mother living with me by you just visiting. You'd have to stay here, sleep, eat, etcetera in order to adjust. Do you even 'love' me?" Kevin chuckled. Tanya nodded. "I really do.. I'm trying to be in love with you."

I nodded. "You don't even love me."

"You say that why?"