■ Epilogue

"No, you don't get it. Chocolate is way cooler than vanilla," Jared said, shaking his head disagreeing.

"Nope. Vanilla is better," I argued.

We were sitting at Rookie point and having a serious debate on ice cream. We decided we needed some time for us and no media or family interruptions. Plus, we both had a promise made weeks back. Rookie point was our haven.

"Vanilla is bland," He scrunched his face, looking utterly baffled at my choices.

"Uh uh. Chocolate is for kids. Vanilla is less sweet than chocolate. That makes you a kid," I pointed out.

"You love kids, don't you?" He grinned.

"Yes, specially twenty two years old businessmen. Real mature they are," I rolled my eyes.

"Twenty three," He corrected.

My parents had been very happy to know we were finally together. Alice had fake wiped her tears. Hailey had already started planning our wedding and I don't think she meant it as a joke. Wade opted for a party to commemorate this epic day.

Ah, sweet wacky family. How I loved them.

We had quickly given the news and immediately took off for Rookie point. Wade let us borrow his car and he gave me tight hug before we left for the night. At this point, even my parents didn't care their daughter was out with a man. I think they secretly were shipping us throughout these years.

"I am so happy for you, Alli. Go on. Don't scratch my car," Wade gave a warm smile as I smiled back.

"Thanks for helping Jared," I said. Jared and Wade shared an understanding look as Jared gave him a brief hug.

"Take care of her and for god's sake, don't fight again for the next five years," Wade said as Jared solemnly nodded to every word of his.

"But you can't deny one thing, Alli," Jared finished his ice cream and was eyeing mine. I thought he hated vanilla. He motioned his head towards my ice cream and I sighed, passing him the cone.

"What?"

"All thanks should go to Alice. If that day she hadn't asked you to dress up, we would have never met. Thank god she decided to not go that day. I am so glad she found me boring," He said happily, eating my ice cream and showing no signs of returning it.

"Point. I never really got out of the house. After you came, I started going out a lot. Remind me to thank her later. My life is a lot like Alice. Both you and Trevor left and then came back and we got back together," I calculated, "I mean I knew it sounded like a movie, but this is a bit insane. You would think the twin telepathy was enough."

"You know after we returned from London and I locked myself up, I went back during our high school days and wondered why you couldn't say it to me that time. I realized it was the same reason why I couldn't tell you about the engagement fiasco. Even I had time to tell you. The deal, I made it solely for the company's future prospects. I wanted to work hard but I didn't work smart. I was hasty and I couldn't draw the boundary."

"You were never the smartest of the lot," I chortled. He narrowed his eyes at me, poking his tongue out childishly before beaming again.

God, how much I have missed him and that infectious smile.

"But I must admit, I would've gone forward if it wasn't for that twisted proposal."

"I am sorry you had to lose out on the biggest project," I said softly, "I know you were in a spot and not that I wasn't hurt, but somewhere, I do understand."