■ Tensed

Days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months and nothing happened much after that night as I did my job faithfully. Jared didn't make too many passes either as he immersed himself further into his job. He often stayed back late at night and came early in the morning. That guy probably had 6-7 cups of coffee nowadays.

I could see him working hard day and night everyday. Even though I didn't ask much about what he did back home, I was willing to bet he only worked at home when he wasn't eating, sleeping or taking a bath. Dark shadows under the eyes which were lighter before had started growing deeper day by day. Needless to say, we didn't get too much on private moments. I had my own pile of work too, from arranging meetings, filing correspondence and handling minutes to upkeep of all documents, coordinating with other departments important mails and compiling files, reports.

What was indeed pleasant was Jared started assigning me tasks that weren't limited to an assistant. I was doing small tasks from HR and he gave me leverage to participate in seminars held there, encouraging me because he knew I would eventually join that one day.

Yet, I liked it. I liked the work pressure. It was challenging, stressful and made me proud of myself whenever I pulled off a tough job. I hadn't been this challenged when I was working under Ford and working for Grey Enterprises had actually made me realize and broaden my capabilities to multi task and handle situations. Most of the times I was too tired when I went back home to even think of our relationship because I wanted to sleep.

Besides occasionally glancing and staring, we didn't have much flirty talks or words with sexual innuendos. We were always too much under pressure and busy to talk about relationships.

Jared became softer towards me as he now occasionally praised me for my job and didn't overwork me lest in unavoidable circumstances to which I had absolutely no problem. I became more inclined towards every day as I found myself wanting to go to office and seeing his face everyday even though we didn't stray afar from business and kept everything professional. We had finally fallen into a comfortable relationship though I didn't find myself still wanting to be "only" his friend.

Then again, we had time. He wasn't going anywhere and neither was I. Plus, this time if we got together, there would be hundred percent truth and no lies anymore.

It was almost four months later when something happened again. By this time, we hadn't done anything at all besides this one time where our arms brushed. Or the fact we didn't sit too far apart when we travelled by car. Or at times when he had dropped me at my place. Or this one time he winked at me in the lobby when everyone was present.

Or having lunch whenever we went outside for some charity function or he had a seminar, conference, meeting outside or workshop to attend.

You get the picture, nothing major. It was good for me. I liked that we were going slow instead of digging in too fast. I wanted to get to know Jared once again before anything major happened to us.

"Allison, Mr. Grey has called you to his office," A girl came and informed as I was busy writing an email to one of his clients.

I wondered why he couldn't just call me at my desk but got up nevertheless and proceeded towards his cabin. Let's see what His Highness wanted now. I swear if he wanted more coffee, I would simply kick him today. He had been having too many cups of coffee since last few weeks. I straightened my dress a bit and activated the sensor.

"Come in. Come in," He answered.

I walked in to find a flustered and nervous Jared reading some documents and sweating like a pig. Jared was nervous? That's a new thing. Since working, I had never seen him nervous over work related issues. He was a smooth talker with his clients.