■ Drinks

Allison

I had no words for him.

That guy or asshole could go die or rot in hell. He should have been thrown out of the window or building. He should have been castrated or given electric shocks. He should have been hanged or punched.

I took back my words. From today, I had never hated so much with a burning passion. I was at my desk now after having an hour in the washroom, removing the makeup and crying. Those weren't tears of hurt, they were angry tears.

I wanted Jared to perish. I wanted him to die.

As I was furiously typing away the email to one of Jared's client, my phone rang. Wade.

"What?" I snapped.

"Uh oh, looks like someone is in a bad mood," He sang, "Wanna speak about it?"

"Don't even start on it. My boss might see it and will again start a lecture," I warned, hitting the spacebar too hard, "He is a fucking asshole who isn't getting laid probably," I enunciated every word, getting hyper.

"He didn't like your dress?" He laughed, "You looked sexy, babes."

"Like? He hated it. He was disgusted by it. It had the exact opposite effect on him, can you believe it?" I whisper shouted so nobody would hear it, "He told me I looked ugly and it didn't suit me."

"Are his eyes alright?"

"I don't know! I don't know what is wrong with him!" I gripped the edge of my table tightly, "He said I looked ugly, Wade! How can he call me ugly, Wade? I am Alice Marshall's twin for God's sakes and I know I am not that bad looking! I mean, he is always insulting me, but this is taking it to new heights. I hate him, Wade. I hate him so much!" I clicked my tongue in anger.

"Alright then. How about I lighten up your mood? Wanna go clubbing tonight?" He asked, "I am in the mood today and I have free passes too. Maybe it will help you forget him too."

I paused.

"Finally. Yes. You are the best," I sighed in relief, "I love you."

"Aww. No need to state the obvious. I love you too," He chuckled.

~¤~

"Why do you think you reminded him of your sister?" Wade asked, finishing his drink and motioning for another.

"Because I wore that dress," I said bluntly, "It reminded him of my sister. I can't believe he is still not over her. Five years is a lot but not apparently for him."

"I am sorry you cried. I wish I was there," He rubbed my back gently, "You don't look good crying."

"It's okay. Some girl called Claire came and consoled me. I didn't tell her the reason though. She just came at the right time," I murmured.

I took out my glasses and rubbed my face, yawning loudly. I had already spilled a little wine on my jeans and was too drunk to pay attention to it. Music was blaring, people were dancing, drinking, shouting, making out. I was feeling tired and pissed off. I was feeling hungry, the sandwich at lunch long forgotten. Tomorrow was a Friday and I shouldn't have drunk but I was too pissed off to care. Jared led me to this.

"Wade, you gotta understand. He has a soft spot for Alice. I thought it was gone but its still there," I said, finishing the vodka.

"Slow down now, Alli. So, what you are saying is he still likes Alice. Have you ever thought that maybe he likes you?" He asked slowly.

"I thought so too, but I was wrong. Plus, you are forgetting that I dressed as Alice. He fell in love with Alice. The whole idea of her. He asked her out in the first place because it was Alice. If it was me at the supermarket that day, he wouldn't have asked me out," I reasoned.

"You are so dumb and dense. Allison, you pretended to be Alice. A stupid name can't change anything. Granted, he asked her out first but later it was only you. He fell in love with the person who you are. Names can be interchanged, not personalities and entire habits. And how can you say he asked Alice out because it was your sister? If you weren't there, how is it his fault? I am pretty sure if it were Alice in place of you, he would have asked you too," He said.

I pondered on his words, "Lets just agree to disagree. Then, why did he shout at me today?"

"Its because you changed your looks just because others pity you. You aren't that girl. I say this as a guy but the girls we truly like, we don't want them to change to fit society's standards. Now, I won't lie that looks don't matter or we don't get a boner seeing you in those clothes but we prefer seeing you without any most of the times, if that makes you feel better. Believe me, that's a compliment," He grinned.

"Jeez, thanks. Feel loads better. Your perverted love chokes me," I looked deadpan as my eyes roamed the dance floor.

Stupid Jared. Stupid him. Stupid dance. Stupid club. Stupid people. Stupid world.

"I am going to dance. Wanna join?" Wade got up, extending his hand.

"Nope. You go," I gave him a thumbs up, "I don't feel like dancing."

"Okay. But if you change your mind, I will be over there with that red dressed girl," He pointed to a girl dancing, "And don't drink too much. You know you are a horrible mean drunk. I mean it, Alli," He moved his fingers to indicate he was watching me before trotting off.

I sighed as Wade slowly walked towards her and tapped her on the shoulder. The girl turned and within seconds they were laughing and dancing like they knew each other since forever.

I rolled my eyes and turned towards the drink, "Looks like its just you and me."

I finished my drink, banging the glass on the counter and scrunching my face. The room had started to go round and round and round. I suddenly felt the urge to drink more.

"Hey!" I shouted to the bartender. He turned towards me.

"Yes?" He politely asked.

"Bring me shots," I commanded.

Wade was too busy dancing. He wouldn't notice otherwise he would scold me. I wasn't a good drunk and he had loads of experience about it. All his signs of indicating he was watching me was gone as he started grinding against her.

"Are you sure, miss? You think you will be to handle it?" The bartender asked concerned.

"Yes. Now shoo. Scoot off." I said, brushing him off.

~¤~

5 shots later...

"You know," I slurred, "I hate my boss. His name is Jared Grey. Sick asshole he is," I said to the bartender.

He was listening to me amused while serving other customers. I hiccuped, "I hate him like anything, I do."

"Thats a good thing. We all hate our bosses, miss," He laughed.

"He happens to be my ex crush and love. Unfortunately, he flew to London before we could be girlfriend and boyfriend. And now he is back," I hiccuped again.

"Sorry to hear that."

"Mmm. I duped him one, two, three, four, five years ago..." I counted on my fingers, trying to remember the number.

"Hmm."

"He is back. He has become hotter and sexier. But, he is irritating the living daylights out of me. Work and work. Jerk. I feel like *hic* shouting at him," I burped, my eyes almost drooping close.

And then I smiled widely at the bartender, "You know what? I will do it right now. I will call him and give him a piece of my enlightened mind."

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, miss. He is your boss and you are quite drunk," He adviced.

"Well, its a good thing I am not you then. I can't be a bartender," I picked up my phone and selected Jared's number.

"Shall I call your friend? I wouldn't advice that, miss," He looked tensed now.

"Oh, he won't fire me. Chill," I brushed him off, "He won't fire me this easily."