Chapter 21: I'm sorry

~Ellie's P.O.V

"I can't believe Alec almost kissed you!"  Ark said clasping her hands together in excitement.

I let out a laugh,"I can't believe you gave your number to Jayden instead of Valentino." I said giving her a knowingly smirk.

Her face was priceless.

"Wha-?" She blushed slightly before shaking her head.

"Why didn't you tell me? I never would've thought you're type would be like a Jayden. It's adorable!" I said giving her a small nudge on the shoulder.

We were currently having lunch outside of the school were the an old oak tree sat.

The boys were nowhere to be seen but I saw a few glimpse of Todd on the hallways but never had a chance to really chat.

"Me neither. I mean after the date with Valentino I realized it was just a silly crush. After our date, maybe a few days later, I bumped into Jayden on my way home and he sort of offered me a ride and yeah we talked and uhm exchanged numbers." She explained a blush permanently eteched on her cheeks.

"It was like love at first sight." I said.

"No it isn't! We like saw each other everyday." Ark pointed out flatly.

"Hmm. You do have a point but what if he did have a love at first sight of you except it was on the first day we all sat together on lunch?!" I said pulling her shoulders and shaking her wildy.

"Damn it! You're making me dizzy here." She said pushing me slightly.

I bursted out laughing as she made a wacky face,"You look like an idiot." I commented.

She let out a surprise gasp,"Bitch you did not just go there." She said in a serious face.

I stopped laughing and she looked at me with seriousness before we both bursted out laughing.

"What's so funny?" Todd stood a few meters away from our tree carrying a small tray.

"Look who decided to join in." I said with a grin.

"Have you seen Alec? He's not answering my text." Todd asked as he took a seat next to me.

My grin faltered a bit,"No neither the boys." I answered.

The danger they carry around them was already proven by what happened to me and knowing they can strike anytime is alerting.

Worry entered my senses and my heart clench painfully at the thought of something bad happening to Alec or one of the boys.

"Maybe they skipped classes." Ark piped in.

"Ellie." At first I thought it was Todd who said that but when I craned my head to the right my stomach dropped when I saw Annie standing there with an awkward look.

"Can I talk to you?" Annie asked akwardly looking around.

"Okay." I said confusingly.

"In private." She said her eyes towards a glaring Todd and a curious looking Ark.

I nodded silently and stood up quietly following her silently as we both walked towards near the parking lot where a few benches sat.