Chapter 22: The Surprise D! (Part 1)

Ellie's P.O.V

My alarm goes off making me groan in annoyance. It was now wednesday and I haven't heard nor seen the boys ever since sunday and it's starting to make me worried.

We all tried to contact them but not once did we recieve an answer.

I rolled of the bed purposely and landed on the floor with a thump. I know it's plain stupid but it's a great wake up call.

After my talk with Annie yesterday we both parted ways to our last period. I felt much more confident about myself and my feelings for Alec grew stronger.

I made my way towards the bathroom and took a 10 minute shower enjoying the cold water on my skin.

I quickly brushed my teeth and changed into a pair of skinny jeans with a tank top and flannel on my waist and a white vans.

I made my way downstairs only to be greeted by a crying theodore and a tired looking mom. Dad probably has his work today and had gone early.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly and crouching down to theodore who in return hugged me tight.

Mom sighed hastily running a hand through her hair,"Theodore has been suffering a fever and he wouldn't go with me to the doctor." My mom said looking at a crying theodore.

"I don't wanna go," He said pulling away from me with tears streaming in his eyes,"The doctoh is gowna stwab me with a needle." He said crying harder and hugging me again.

"I'll handle this mom. You can go get yourself a tea." I said looking at mom.

She gave me a smile before nodding and made her way into that kitchen.

"Don't worry baby. The doctor is not gonna stab you with a needle. He'a not allowed to do that." I said wiping his tears away.

"He's not?" He asked looking at me with his big doe eyes.

"He's not. I promise. All he's gonna do is fight off your illness and then tadaa! You're okay. No needle stabbing or what so ever." I said to him smiling.

He hugged me again,"I'm scawed (scared) Ewwie." He mumbled.

"It's okay baby. I get scared too when I visit the doctor but you don't have to worry because nothing is gonna happen to you." I said rubbing his back.

"Okay. I'll go to the doctor with mom." He said nodding his head with a pout.

"That's my baby and I promise you I'll buy you an ice cream later but make sure to not tell mom." I said with a knowing grin.

I know he has a fever but he's still a child. He deserves every ice cream in the world and besides Dad used to sneak in with an ice cream when I was sick.

He's awesome. I know.

"Really?!" His face brightening and a toothy grin now etched on his face.

"Really. Now you better go to the doctor's now or elso no ice cream for you later." As those words left my mouth he gave me a peck on the cheek before running into the kitchen to find mom.