The Wedding part 1

Hermione woke up in her bedroom at her parents house with the sun shining through a large window. Her wedding dress hung on the closet door and she stared at it smiling. She was getting married today.

It had been a month since she had finished her schooling at Hogwarts, but she stayed there into the summer to apprentice for Professor Flitwick before filling his position in September.

She came home just a few days earlier in preparation for the big day. It was a beautiful summer morning. The birds were singing and there was a gentle breeze blowing the trees.

There was a small knock at the door and Hermione's mother peeked her head in with a large smile.

"Good morning dear!" She brought in a tray with a simple yet delicious breakfast on it: wheat toast with two eggs and a glass of orange juice. "August 2nd has finally arrived"

Hermione smiled too and sat up as her mother set the tray down on her lap. "Thank you mum."

"Of course dear. Now, eat up and get showered. I will get your things together, and we will be off to Hogwarts."

She kissed Hermione's forehead and exited the room. Hermione took a couple of bites before running into the bathroom and turning on the shower.

She washed her hair and body thoroughly. She got out and put her thick hair up in a towel. She let it dry out and then used a curling iron (and her wand) to style her hair up but perfectly framing her face.

She put on her simple makeup and put the rest in a bag for Ginny and her mother to help with later.

There was a loud honk outside and she peered out her window to see Harry and Ginny in the ford Anglia. She laughed slightly and gathered up her bags and her dress and walked downstairs to find her parents sitting at the kitchen table.

"You two ready?" Her father stood and took the dress from her. "Harry is here."

"Hermione, I still don't think this is the safest mode of transportation." Her
Mother said standing and rubbing her arms. "I mean, why must we take a flying car?"

"Oh mum," Hermione laughed "it's so much faster than just plain driving, and I also thought it would be best that you didn't attempt the floo network."

Her mother sighed and they walked out to the car where they put their things in the trunk and crammed into the backseat. Harry was already in his tuxedo while Ginny was still in her pajamas with her hair up in curlers.

They flew off to the burrow with Hermione tightly squeezing her nervous mothers hand. They pulled into the yard and Molly weasley's excited face ran out of the house with outstretched arms to hug Hermione and help her carry things in.

"Oh Hermione dear, I'm so excited for you! Now we have to have you at the castle in two hours so we need to hurry."

The rest of the morning went by slowly as her mother, Molly, Ginny, Luna, Fleur, and Professor McGonagall fussed over her making sure every detail was perfect.

The sun was shining and Hermione looked in the mirror at herself. It was one of the few days in her life that she actually felt beautiful. Her hair had been straightened and pulled up into a beautifully complicated bun with her veil coming out of the bottom. Her makeup was done flawlessly by Ginny and was very subtle but brought out the best of her features.