Frozen

Hermione stood out in the cold with the wind whipping at her exposed arms and legs. The first snow was beginning to fall and it was almost completely black outside.

Her stomach was burning as she thought of the moment that her lips met his. "Why did you do that Hermione?" She asked herself out loud. "You've gone completely mental."

She started walking again hoping she would come across the castle again but she had no idea where she was. It was too dark to see anything. She turned in all different directions trying to make out some recognizable shapes.

She had left her wand on her four poster bed because she assumed that Snape would have taken it from her that night but she remembered she left her book bag in his classroom. She had hoped that he would have given her some time to study.

Her toes and fingers started going numb and Hermione walked in the direction she thought that castle was. It took her 20 minutes of wandering until she almost ran into a wall.

She looked up and noticed that she wasn't too far away from the entrance so she walked with her hand against the wall as not to lose it. When she finally reached the doors she took in a deep breath before walking inside.

The warm air hit her like a ton of bricks and it was a little painful. She could hear footsteps coming towards her and she braced herself to get yelled at. As she waited, professor McGonagall came around the corner and was shocked to see a frozen Hermione standing there.

"Hermione? What on earth are you doing up at this time of night?" She went over to her and began to rub her shoulders. "And you're freezing!"

"Well I was..."

"She was in detention with me Minerva." Snape came from the shadows causing them both to jump. "Well she was supposed to be going back to her common room, but she must have taken a wrong turn."

"Well my dear. I'm going to have to take away 20 points for wandering after hours. Although I would assume your frozen state is enough punishment." She cleared her throat and turned to Snape. "Would you escort her back to her common room Severus? We wouldn't want her to get lost again."

"Of course Minerva. Goodnight."

Professor McGonagall walked off leaving them awkwardly standing in the front entrance.

"Why on earth did you go outside?" He asked taking a step towards her but she stepped back.

"I wanted to clear my head. a lot happened tonight."

Snape's facial features softened as he looked at her. She looked exhausted and freezing. "Come on. Let's get you back to your common room." He put his arm around her shoulder to try and help warm her up, but she pulled away.

They made their way up the staircases and to the fat lady.

"Carpe Noctem" Hermione said when they came to the entrance. That fat lady glared at Hermione but opened for her. Hermione stepped inside and turned to watch Snape as the entrance closed back up.

She stood there for a moment just staring at the stone. She let out a big sigh then burst into tears.