Rescue

Just a warning of a little strong language in this chapter!

*************************************

Hermione slowly walked up the cold staircase with Nott's wand held tightly in her right hand. She quietly conjured her patronus and whispered as quietly as she could "I've been taken. Malfoy mansion. Hurry" she closed her eyes as she sent the otter to go and find Harry.

"Hermione?!" Severus called after her. She turned and looked at him. He was pushing himself up the wall and she rushed back to him.

"No dear, stay down. I'll get up and there and get us out."

"Please" his eyes were pleading and he looked concerned. She had never seen this expression on him and it scared her slightly. "As much as I hate this, please just wait for Potter. I don't want you getting hurt."

"Magic doesn't work down here. They're going to come looking and we aren't going to have any defense. I'm going to go up and start the fight and Harry will be here soon."

A tear rolled down his right cheek as she reached up and cupped her face. He pulled her in and kissed her sweetly. She tasted his blood on his lips but she didn't care. It was short and soft and he pulled away letting their foreheads touch.

"Please be careful"

She pecked his lips and stood up. "I always am." He chuckled at this but immediately regretted it and he held his side in pain.

Hermione ran back up the stairs and looked down the long hallway. She heard voices coming from the dining room and slowing inched towards it. She left a small trail of blood coming from her feet but she ignored all the pain.

She tip toed and peered around the corner into the large dining room. Malfoy was sitting at the end of the long table whispering to yaxley as thorfinn rolled his wand back and forth on the table.

Hermione took a deep breath and stepped around the corner. She held the wand high and stared at Lucius.

All three men stood quickly with their wands at the ready.

"If you're going to kill me, go ahead." Hermione said. She took a few more steps forward "I couldn't care less. You've made my life hell so why not get it over with?"

Yaxley looked over at Lucius nervously but Lucius didn't take his gaze away from her.

"You filthy little bitch." He put his wand down on the table and walked towards her. She took a few steps back and began to shake. "You really think that you can get away that easily?" He stood in front of her and her hand shook. "You're the reason poor old Severus hasn't offed himself yet. We want to get the most out of him that we can, before we kill you right in front of him." With one swift move, he knocked the wand out of her hand and had his at her throat. He pushed her against the wall and she gasped for breath.

"You really are stupid. I bet you thought you could come up here and take us all on your own." He laughed and moved his face closer to hers. "But you are so wrong."

He slowly moved his hand to her waist and under her shirt. "I'm going to make you wish you had stayed down in the basement where your filthy kind belongs."

He threw her onto the floor and followed her as she tried to slide towards the wand laying on the floor.

When her hand would come close to grasping the thin piece of wood he would kick it just out of reach and laugh. He knelt down beside her and grasped her cheeks pulling her up. "You little slut" he leaned down and pushed his lips against hers. He tasted like stale alcohol and it repulsed her. She tried to pull away but his grip on her was too strong.

She could hear yaxley and thorfinn laugh as she fell backwards and Lucius tumbled after her. She threw her hands up by her face as she turned over but he pushed his hand down onto her back forcing her to the floor. "You're the reason my family fell apart! You're the reason I was sent to azkaban to rot! You're going to pay for it!" She let out a small scream but his hands wrapped around and covered her mouth.

"You really screwed up this time" she thought to herself as she tried to take in a breath. "You should have just waited."

Soon Hermione felt all of lucius' weight fall on top of her and she heard yelling. She pushed an unconscious Lucius to the side and moved her head around. Harry was standing in the doorway with Ron and six other aurors all with their wands raised. She looked the other way and saw thorfinn on the floor and Yaxley holding his hands above his head.

"Harry?" She pushed out. He ran to her side and helped her to her feet. She fell into him and began to cry as she gripped his jacket. "Harry thank God you're here." He hugged her back and rubbed her back. She pulled away quickly and looked up in fear.

"What is it 'Mione?"

"Severus." She whispered and ran back towards the staircase to the basement. Ron and Harry tried to keep up but she was running so fast they were too far behind.

"'Mione slow down!"

She ran into the small stone dungeon and found Severus slouched against the wall barely awake. He reached out his hand as she ran to his side.

"What's all the racket?" He let out painfully and she laughed a little.

"It's over love. It's all over" she leaned in and kissed him not thinking that Harry and Ron were standing in the doorway.

"What the bloody hell is this?!" Ron yelled.

Hermione pulled just inches away from Severus'  face and closed her eyes before she silently whispered "shit"