Questions

Hermione walked into the potions classroom early the next morning to retrieve her book bag. She was hoping to slip in and out without being noticed, but Snape was sitting at his desk, so escape would be impossible.

She took a deep breath and pushed open the door. She had large bags under her eyes from all the crying and lack of sleep. Her lips were still a light shade of purple and her arm was still wrapped up.

When she entered he looked up. They made quick eye contact and he immediately returned to what he was doing. She walked up to the front and grabbed her bag.

She watched him for a moment. He was bent over a large piece of parchment. "Can I help you Miss Granger?" He said without looking up.

"Oh no sir. I'm sorry." He turned around and began to walk out. "I'll see you in class later."

She walked out the door and shut it behind her.

"Hermione?" This caused her to jump and she looked at the person the voice came from.

"Oh Ginny! You scared me!"

"Sorry. Where were you last night? I thought we were going to study."

"I thought I told you I had detention with Snape. I didn't get in until around one."

"What happened to your arm? And why do you look like you froze?"

Hermione tried to avoid the questions by walking towards the main floor and asking about Harry and Ron.

"Oh they're fine. Ron still won't shut up about you." She turned to look at Hermione. "You know he really can't get over you."

"Oh is that so? He still won't talk to me. It's alright though. I don't want to be with someone that immature anyway. We just didn't click the way he thinks we did." Hermione went into the great hall and sat at the Gryffindor table and grabbed a piece of toast. "I just need to focus on school right now, and he needs to focus on his auror training."

"Yeah I guess you're right. Harry has been working really hard." She sat down next to her but didn't get anything to eat. "Now really Hermione, what happened to your arm?"

"I fell that's all."

"That's a pretty big bandage for just a fall."

"I was in a hurry to my last class and I tripped. Sliced it up on something on the wall. Not really sure what."

"Now why don't I believe you?" Ginny asked getting up. "But I guess that's all I'm going to get. I've got to get to ancient runes. See you in potions!"

"Yeah! See you!" Hermione had totally forgotten that Ginny sat close to her in potions.

"She'll definitely know something's up" Hermione thought as she took a bite out of her toast. "This is going to be a very long day."