Chapter 9

Draco's POV

"Dra-er-Malfoy, why do you cut?" Harry whispered to me as we sat side by side ,with a few inches between us ,against the wall of the astronomy tower waiting for my tears to subside. I flinched a little the question before answering softly. "I used to do it to keep control, I told you about that weird black feeling that I get, the pain keeps it at bay, keeps my mind sharp, it's hard to explain but it helps." Harry looked sideways at me with an undistinguishable emotion in his haunting green orbs. "You said 'used' why do you do it now." I sighed realising my mistake before giving in ,knowing that he wouldn't leave me alone without a solid answer. "I suppose it's because I think I deserve it. I've spent all my life being told that I'm an ugly , pathetic, killing machine and that if I can't complete my-umm-my d-duties then I should kill myself. I think that I'm a m-monster and I deserve punishment." Harry turned his full body around to look at me fully in the face , mouth set in a serious frown and fists slightly clenched "Malfoy you do not deserve this, no-one deserves this, what is it going to take to make you see that?" I just shrugged and whispered "that's just what I think." whilst gazing out at the now darkened window that I had attempted to jump out of earlier that day. "Harry?" I whispered "we should really get back, we've been here the whole day, people are going to be coming in for their planets lesson soon."

I was still very uncomfortable around this boy that had , unintentionally, made my life hell for three years. I was about to get up and start getting ready to leave when he gripped my wrist again making me flinch then freeze. "Neither of us are leaving until I know that you aren't going to try and hurt yourself when you get to you dormitory and we have come up with a time to meet tomorrow." I pulled away from his grip, I didn't want to promise something that I couldn't stay true to. "I really have to go Harry." I said frantically "I'll owl you a time."

As I reached the door , a hand slammed it shut from behind me. I spun round quivering slightly and looking back up at Harry. The potions I took may make me almost as tall as him but without them he had at least 5 inches on me. "Like I said." Harry spoke firmly "neither of us are leaving until I know that you aren't going to try and hurt yourself."

I was panicking slightly which caused the walls that had been so resilient all of today to begin to break and crumble. "I can't promise that Harry , you don't understand." The first wall crumbled and I slid my back down the door.

"Malfoy what's wrong ?" Harry said gently crouching down in front of me.

The second wall crumbled and I pulled my legs back up to my chest "nothing ... N-nothing" I whispered feeling tears begin to prick my eyes.

The third wall crumbled and I felt the first tears fall. "Malfoy , what's going on?" Harry sounded panicky now but I couldn't really hear him . It was like listening to someone whisper next to a waterfall.

The final wall crumbled and I felt the stings of pain up my back as the black came swarming in again and Harry's face blurred and disappeared to be replaced with the figure of my father'

'you fool' he hissed at me 'you are beginning to trust him aren't you' I shook my head frantically 'don't lie to me boy , I can see it , you're letting him in idiot. Now I'm going to make a deal with you. Either he dies or you die , your choice.'

I gasped as my father left my mind again and Harry's face came back into blurred focus in front of me "Malfoy are you okay! You kinda just went ridged and you were looking at something I couldn't see!" I replied in a high voice with "I'mfineHarryButIReallyHaveToGoNowSeeYouTomorrowHarryBye!" I opened the door behind me and rushed off ignoring the cries of my name behind me as my fathers voice pounded through my head. 'Either he dies or you die , your choice.' Reaching my empty dormitory , I pressed my forehead against the cool metal of the window allowing myself to calm down before glancing over at the cool metal blade on my bedside table...

[AN] *peeks out from behind curtain* Um, hey guys. Really sorry that I missed an update yesterday - I've been in a really bad place for the last couple of days and was kind of writing in this book exactly what I wanted to do... Anyway, you wonderful people don't need to hear about the traumas of my day to day life, so can I just say 200 reads! Thank you all so much. I'm really sorry about this short and crap chapter. My heart wasn't really in it xx