Prologue

( WARNING: This whole book is a bit of a trigger-fest. Sorry! )

Loneliness is a strange thing. It creeps up on you without you noticing, then devours you slowly. It clouds your brain with dark storms of anger, sadness, pain, and then anger again and you don't realise that you have changed. You don't realise that the isolation you feel is unwanted. You kid yourself that you are glad that you are alone and carry on like this for an unprecedented amount of time.

And then the façade shatters and you realise the truth of how you're living. And you hate what you've become. But you're in too deep, for who could forgive you? And who could love you ? And if no one in the world can stand you, how can you stand yourself?

Draco's POV

I lie in my dorm with the other Slytherins and hear the loud silence around me. No-one is talking and yet the room is alive with noises. The deep , laboured breathing of Crabbe , the quiet snores of Goyle , the distant hoot of an owl off to hunt , and the hostile rustling of the dark Forrest . All theses sounds fill the air around me and I feel as though I'm drowning in them . The night is the worst for me . I rarely sleep and when I do my dreams are filled with bad memories and shadowy black figures. I truly do hate myself, that's the short answer. The long answer involves bringing up past memories and adding more gashes to my scarred up skin. I'm scared of myself, of what I'll do to the people around me if I don't keep control...

The feeling's back. The black one with no escape. I feel tears begin to prick my eyes and pour down my face as I bring the little blade I keep on me back to my skin once more. I have to keep on feeling.

I dig the edge of the blade into my unhealed forearm. I have to keep control.

I drag it across my skin and watch the little beads of blood follow the glint of silver. I won't let him win...

[A/N] Hey guys! So this is a new fanfic I am writing. It's the first one I've ever done, so it will probably be pretty bad -- but I thought I would give writing fics a go. I should point out everything here is original and has come from my twisted imagination, so it may start off a little muddled. And since I am writing in a first person POV most of the time, many things may take a little while to be explained. But just stick with it and let me know what you think. Thanks! x Alex