"Allison! Allison!" I heard the faint voice of Jared shouting behind me as I scrambled down the road.

I didn't want him to see me. I spotted a hedge and hid behind it, continuing rubbing my eyes as my nose blocked. It wasn't of any use as they were again being clouded by tears as I clasped my mouth shut to prevent him from hearing any sob. I pressed my handkerchief against my mouth as my whole body shook and I breathed heavily. I heard Jared talking to the guards and running down the path I had just covered.

"Allison?" He was pleading now, "Allison, I know you are hiding here. Please, come out. I have to explain things to you."

I stood still, until I heard his footsteps fading away, calling my name repeatedly. I came out of my hiding place once I saw he had left and turned to go back to my car when suddenly, a hand grabbed my elbow and turned me around as I gave a small yelp. Jared.

"Allison I- Oh god. Please don't cry, Alli. I can't see you in tears, even though I know I am the reason for them," He wiped them off, his eyes full of pain as he himself looked broken, cradling my face gently in his hand as he pulled me to his chest, hugging me tightly as he rocked me, patting my head.

My voice had choked. I wasn't being able to say anything. I was too shocked to even push him away as he continuously kept on apologising and kissing the top of my head, firmly holding me. At one point, I felt bile rising up my throat as I didn't want to be touched by him. I pushed him away and stepped back few feet.

"Allison-" He came forward but I raised a hand.

"D-don't lie, Jared. Its bullshit. You love to see me in tears. You always gain happiness out of it," I finally said but my voice cracked as I sobbed, wiping my face again and again.

"No. No, Alli," He looked torn as he came forward again and I stepped back one more foot.

"Don't you dare call me Alli. Its Allison for you, sir. Congratulations for your engagement. Hope you and Ms. Cecelia have a great married life," I said, sniffing.

"No don't say like that. I am so sorry, Allison. Its just that Mr. Schoff said he would sign the project if I married Cecelia. I was about to tell you tomorrow and talk to you regarding this," He sounded anguised as he grabbed my wrist. I jerked my hand away and looked away.

"And you said yes for your company. I get it," I nodded my head, "I get it. I understand why you were saying you finished everything, you did indeed."

"No, Allison. I don't like her, I swear. Not even a bit. I barely know her from one or two meetings. Its just a business deal. I am always meant only for you. Once this project is over and the contract of one year expires, I am divorcing her," He rattled.

And thats when I felt it. Anger. Rage was boiling inside me as the sadness was now replaced by my wrath. To even hear such words from the guy I loved was something I had never thought to begin with.

"How. Dare. You," I gritted my teeth, "You bastard. You have already messed up my life and you are gonna ruin another girl's life for your convenience? Do you even realize what you are saying, Jared?! What has happened to you?" I shrieked, not caring if the guests heard me.

He looked at me, his eyes full of anguish and pleading for a chance now.

"So you are hoping to have an affair behind her back with me and then dump her after an year because of course, the world only operates for Jared Grey while we are merely servants working for his pleasure and benefits. How cold and selfish can you be?!"

"Alli no! I love you, Alli! Jesus, how can you say like that? My hands are tied behind my back. There was and there is only one girl and that's you-"

I couldn't believe he was actually saying these things.