Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Chris

"Right Rupert we're all done. I just need you to sign your name here for me above where it says..." Jay was finishing off the legal paperwork with Rupert's will, all typed up and ready to go.

"I Rupert James Anderson give my worldly possessions that are stated above to my Granddaughter Leah Sarah Anderson at the date of my death" he read. "Sign here and here. Chris come sign as I witness here please" he asked so I went over and signed my name on the little dotted line on behalf on Leah who I knew wouldn't wish to see any of it if it meant losing her Grandfather.

"Right so it that everything?" Jay asked again to Rupert.

"Yes... oh could you write up a prenuptial agreement form, in Leah's name please?" he said sitting back slowly in his chair. It had been a long day finishing everything off I could tell it had been a lot for him. I couldn't imagine how he feels signing his life away like that.

When Jay left I walked over to the window of his office looking out at the sunset thinking about Leah, she had really teased me this morning. I haven't stopped thinking about her all day, she was driving me wild. It didn't help that her name was used so many times in the meeting as well. Every time they said her name thoughts came back to me from this morning, her lying on the bed kissing my neck... it got far too hot and stuffy in there.

"Are you ok?" I asked him after hearing a long sigh coming from his desk. "All this must have been hard for you"

"Yes it was... but at the same time, I'm filled with joy. Everything is now done, I can die knowing that Leah is safe and well looked after. Maggie will be happy with her gardening in France or whichever house she wishes and I know my company will be in good hands with you on board. Everyone else in the family gets there equal cut... yep I'm very happy" he smiled across at me but I could see it didn't meet his eyes. I thought back to what he asked Jay to do before he left.

"Rupert... why did you ask for a prenup for Leah?" moving so I was in front of him.

'That's what I'm worried about. She has all this money now and I don't want some young gold-digging playboy to come and take it away from her. I want her to find love and be happy. Have no worries in life' he didn't need to worry about that anymore, I would be there to look after her now and keep her from harm, I had to reassure him of that.

"You don't have to worry about men like that or Leah's happiness"

"Why do you say that?" he asked looking at me confused. There was silence for a long time as I thought of the best thing to say to him. I thought the best way was just the truth.

"Rupert... I want... well I wished... that would mean I was hoping..." Ok, this was harder than I thought it was going to be. "You know I've known Leah... working with her for a long time now... and... I think you know how I feel..."

"God boy just spit it out before I die" he laughed.

"I would like permission to marry your Granddaughter" there I said it. "I don't mean right now but in the future I wish for nothing more than to marry Leah and would want to, knowing, I never asked you for your blessing" I moved closer to him to see his shocked expression.

"You... want to marry... my Leah?"

"I love her. And due to this week, I found out she feels the same for me" I said nervously. I bet he thought I wasn't good enough for her but then he didn't the thing I never thought he would do. He laughed. He laughed harder than I have ever seen him laugh before. He jumped from his chair and walked over to me pulling me into a hug patting my back.