Chapter 17: Hitched

Play song when it says to. Also at this point I have to say Amanda and Jaime's story shall come to an end. I feel like this should rap everything up. Sorry the story was so short.

Jaime's POV

I jerked my body forward. As people were walking around my bed but didn't notice my awake. I looked around I had woken from a short nap and everyone seemed interested in me sleeping.

"Cool." Everyone looked at me. The immediately rushed over to me.

"Look into this light." Said a man with a flash light as he widen my eye.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" Said a female my height.

"Do you feel sick?" Said an older man with glasses.

"Come quick, come quick Jaime is awake." Said a younger, short, male leaning out the door.

People were asking me different question and I just sat there quietly. Amanda came into the room, gave me a hug, cuffed my face, and kissed my forehead. I smiled at the fact that she was okay, her and Sofia. I couldn't remember what quite happened because of the meds I was taking but I'm just glad they were safe. I could only remember bits and pieces of what happened, but I couldn't forget his face his face burned into my head.

My father holding a gun to the one I'd love and the one he was suppose to love too. After everyone cleared out Amanda broke the news to me.

"Your dad's getting the death penalty." I couldn't believe my ears as my jaw dropped wide open. I gulped in shock of what I had heard.

"And my mom committed suicide in her cell" as tears filled her eyes I leaned in and gave her a hug. She tried to sniff up her tears but I told her to let it all out.

"When am I able to get out?"
"It'll be months before testing starts so possibly a year." Said my doctor. He was a tall, tan, jet black haired man.

"Let's get married now then."
"You're not aloud to leave the hospital." He said
"Let's get married in here then. Please"
"I dont-"

I batted my eyelashes, pouted my lip, and gave my best puppy eyes. He couldn't resist, he shook his head, sighed, and rolled his eyes thinking over his decision.

"I'll call the priest."
Cheers broke out as everyone group hugged him. He looked uncomfortable but didn't mind much. I was super excited luckily for us there was a church inside of the hospital. I was placed into a wheel chair, picked up on stage, and was helped up to stand. Amanda had left with Sofia to get their dresses.

Katlyn stood behind me. On the other side of me was Maria and my mother. As Sofia came down the aisle throwing flowers on the ground she stood behind Katlyn. She wore a pink Sunday dress with a bright pink flower behind her ear.

"You look amazing." I whispered to her
"I better look as amazing as my room when we live together." I chuckled at the thought.

Seats were filled with random strangers or patients with bibles. They were dressed in suits, dresses, and hospital gowns. They were people of many color, size, and gender I didn't know any of them but glad that they were able to be bits and pieces of people in my wedding memories. The windows were multicolor and behind us stood a huge cross. I wasn't with any religion since I knew I was destined for hell, being gay was a huge sin. When it came to Amanda she was Catholic and said her God excepted all. I mean if I could except Amanda why couldn't a "loving" God except her either?

( Play music)
Music began to play but not the kind you'd think would be playing. Not the music like normal weddings like "Here comes the bride" but "Thousand Miles" came on. I smiled at the thought. It was Amandas favorite song. Speaking of, she came down the aisle looking beautiful as ever.