Chapter 13: 4 Days later

Amanda's POV

Yesterday should've been the last day for the J.M.H. I was super happy to see her again, her being Jaime. I woke up with my alarm blurting the radio station in my ear. I ran down stairs and grabbed an apple, milk, and of course made 2 pancakes. Then my mom came walking down the stairs. We haven't talked since the Jaime "incident" So it was awkward when we were in the same room.

"Isn't it the day Jaime comes back to school?" I knew where this conversation was going and didn't feel like going down that route so I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah I think it's been 72 hours so she'll be back right?"
"Yes mom it's been 72 hours actually it's been 79 so she got out yesterday night... not that you care."
"I don't want you-"
" You can't decide who I'm friends with." I interrupted

"I will decide as long as you live in my house under my rules."
"I'd rather be friends with Jaime than be here with an old, singular mom who doesn't love her child for who she is."
"And who are you Amanda?"

"I'M GAY, AND IF DAD WAS HERE HE WOULD'VE EXCEPTED ME." The house went silent. Keegan stopped eating his pancake. The dryer stopped and so did the dishwasher. The only sounds were our breaths.

"You're not gay you just think you're gay because you've hanging around Jaime. And don't ever raise your to-"
"I'm gay mom. I've never been interested in boys."
"What about Wyatt you were close to him."
"Only because I liked his sister. And we dated for 2 months."

She gasped. She tried to ignore the truth but it was impossible. I guess she started remembering my child hood and she could see the hints and the pieces of a gay little girl. She shook her head as if  she wished she could start over as if replacing those memories with "straight" thoughts but just wasn't happening.

"I will not raise a gay in this house."
"To late." I smiled I was proud of who I was because Jaime was proud of who she was too. She didn't care what people had to say or why people said it. Being her felt right it never seemed wrong.

"I rather be in an excepted home like Jaime's."
"Watch what you wish for." She said with a straight look on her face.

We got into the car and didn't speak not once. When I got out she didn't say I love you like usual. She didn't and couldn't look at me and it felt good. I was free and I could finally breath.

I walked into the building when a darker, curly hair girl came to me. She was about 5'5, and athletic. She was on the basketball team and had a dimple on her right cheek as far as I could see as she smiled with her perfectly white teeth. It was Wyatts sister Taylor.

I hadn't really thought about Taylor at all since me and Jaime started talking but now that she was here? My feelings became mixed. We only broke up because she had to move away but then came back last year. I believe we could've went all the way. We had a lot in common but what did she want now?

"Hey Amanda."
"Hi"
"Do you remember me?"
"How could I forget?" I started to blush she was my first ever girlfriend and first kiss and I was hers.

"True. Well I was wondering if-if Jaimewasokay?"
"Yea haha she's okay."
"Why are you laughing? "
"Because you're still the same shy Taylor I knew when we met."

"Oh. True haha. Can I walk you to class."
"I'd love that."

We talked about out lives and what happened over the past 3 years. She told me she learned a couple languages and she knows how to surf now. I told her about what happened this morning and to Jaime.

"I never liked your mom."
"And that's why I love you."
"...You love me?" It went silent I didn't know what had drawn me to say the L word to her maybe because it felt like old times.