Chapter 5: Broken Hearts and Vases

Jaime's POV (earlier)

It seemed as if Amanda wanted something because she followed me out the house. She was soon stunned by the pool and realized I never showed her around the house IDIOT I was being a bad host.

"Help yourself" I said shaking my head towards the pool, I smiled and started jogging around the house onto the sidewalk. I did my usual thing and jogged to the park passing other joggers. I was soon stopped at my usual stopping place by a girl. My ex.

"Hey Jasmine" I said out of breath. She kissed me as if we were still together, and we definitely weren't. I smiled hell ya I missed her lips. They were soft and innocent unlike her. She laughed and grabbed my waist to pull me closer. I almost moaned but I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of knowing I missed her. I pulled away reminding her that I was the bigger man who ended the relationship.

"So what are you doing here?" She asked already knowing the answer. She knew I ran here everyday.
"Just stopping by" I said playing my headphones and walking away
"So bye" I turned and continued my evening run. I stopped by the doughnut shop and got a dozen glazed and ran with home. A older women looked worried sitting outside so I stopped to talk to her.

"Would you like a doughnut, I hear they release stress" I said in a joking manner.
"Um, no I'm actually waiting for my daughter." She said. OMG maybe it's the girl at my houses mom I tried describing her. She nodded
"Yeah that's her have you seen her? She suppose to be at a friend's house"
"Yeah I'm her friend" I smiled I was a new kid to the neighborhood, to school, not to people
"I'm Jaime, Jaime PrestScott" I said not wanting to say my last name but knowing that it would make the women feel better knowing her kid is safe with me a " PrestScott"
"Oh thank God, I actually work for your dad's company" I smiled glad to know that I made her feel better
" I'll make sure she gets home but I've got to run... literally" I laughed as she waved to me goodbye

The girls mom seemed like a good person. I jogged in silence Sh*t I Still didn't even know her name. I walked into the house and laid out the doughnuts and my sisters came running downstairs followed by a sad, girl about my age. She took a doughnut and thanked me when she was finished I asked her a stupid question but a question I didn't know the answer to.

"Um... what's your name?" She tilted her head as if she was searching for a joking expression in my face, but I was serious.
"Her names Amanda Lillian Joans" said Sofia "and she's 16" she smiled proud of her answer Amanda laughed
"Lillian it's your middle name?" I snickered in a jokingly manner. She stopped laughing
"What's yours ?" I knew this was trouble I rolled my eyes
"Lee" She laughed even harder now
"STATE YOUR AGE TOO!" screamed Sofia
"16 I'M 16 TOO" I screamed back at her
"You're not 62" she said, this made us all laugh even Katlyn who didn't smile much.

"I'm gonna call you Jaime Lee now" said Amanda I felt like I gave her a secret power, but she gave me hers too
"Only if I can call you Lillian"
She laughed
"Only if you promise not to tell anyone" we shook on it. Even though I laughed Lillian was a pretty name

It crossed my mind that I meat her mother and checked the time 10:17 a.m. maybe it was time for her to go.
"I meat your mom, she seemed worried. I should probably take you back home." I said in a sad tone lucky for me I wasn't the only one that wanted her to stay.
"Noooooo we have to play dollies first" and I bet you can guess who said that. Sofia took her by the hand and walked her upstairs.

An hour later she came back down stairs looking like a clown.
"Oh no, it looks like you guys played more than just with the dolls" I laughed and so did Maria
"Come on let's get you washed up" Maria said taking her into the bathroom and when she finally came out it was 11:47. Ama- I mean Lillian looked amazing but I preferred the clown look to be honest.