Sub-Chapter 11: Herschel of the Water Fog

Start from the beginning

“Good,” I replied under my breath.

Her demeanor was that of a beaten woman. She kneeled on one knee caught like a fly on a toads tongue as the liquid water that composed Herschel’s whip was still wrapped around her wrist.

“You can move all you want,” Herschel replied confidently. “That water is like glue. We’re attached as long as I want us to be.”

“Really,” Hel replied raising her head revealing a devious smirk.

RAHHH! ZAP! AHHHHH! She shot a shockwave through the water whip lighting Herschel up like an electrical socket.

“Herschel!” I replied stepping forward.

As soon as I moved Fenrir’s eye browse raised slightly. I stopped myself before Herschel turned to me raising his hand.

“I’m okay,” he replied.

HAHAHA! Hel yelped mocking her teenage opponent heartlessly.

“No matter what liquid matter it is, it carries an electrical charge,” she continued mocking him. “You dimwitted child”

His face seemed to tense up at the sound of her words. Her words had stricken a cord and his once relaxed face was tense and fierce.

“Oh, yeah,” he exclaimed powering up.

AHHH! He rushed angrily leaping into action.

HA! BLAST! HA! BLAST! HA! BLAST! He was firing water-wind aided shots towards Hel recklessly as she antagonized him with a devious smirk dodging them effortlessly.

UNH! He grunted charging. His focus was gone. The calm collected strategist was now a swinging lumberjack trying to land a haymaker.

“Forget you!” he screamed swinging wildy.

PUWH! He let out as she dodged one of his blows and landed a quick hook to his gut.

AHH! He bellowed in pain.

UHH! BAM! She kneed his lifeless body in the face before elbowing him with a finishing elbow to the back that sent him spiraling to the water below. She was toying with him and it was a clear mismatch; in both experience and talent.

“It’s beautiful to see panic in the eyes of an opponent when they realize all their efforts are futile, and it’s even more beautiful to see them close those eyes for the final time,” she jabbed confidently. “He’s done for.”

BAWHOOOSH! He hit the water below with an erupting splash. I looked on angrily staring at the face of the water frozen.

“What do I do?” I asked via BAU not knowing when it was an okay time to step in.

“Wait,” Jacob commanded.

Time seemed to take forever. Was going to come up? What’s it my turn? The thoughts flooded me as she turned to me.

“Now, Mr. Eli,” she replied surprising.

I turned to her with a façade-like confident demeanor. 

“How do you know me?” I replied stepping forward.

“An Eli has a certain stench that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up,” she replied walking toward me. “I’m sure you’ll be more of a match than that, boy, was.”

I turned getting ready to power up but before I could the tide turned; literally.

BAWHOOSH! BAWHOOSH! BAWHOOSH! BAWHOOSH! Black water erupted with tidal wave like geysers. They seemed to follow Hel all over the place. She dodged as the black water erupted. It was Herschel’s black fog composite. He was still fighting. She desperately dodged trying to keep away from the toxic like water. She knew if even one drop of that water touched her she was done for.