Chapter 19: Ancient Rivalries

Luna's POV

My eyes open to greet the morning rays seeping past my curtains. As my senses flood back to me, I'm surprised to feel Zayn's arms around me, holding me in a protective lock. He's almost fully dressed, in the shorts and the t-shirt he was wearing last night. He must've accidentally fallen asleep after I had drifted off.

This is the first time he's spent the night with me.

It feels weird to feel so at peace in a bed. The night has been a thing that has tormented me for years, so to share it with someone like this seems like it shouldn't be as easy as it was.

I look at him for a few moments, cherishing his complete vulnerability as he sleeps, long eyelashes tangled and raven hair, now overgrown again and falling into his face. When I wake him up, the realisation that the first time we stayed the whole night together was entirely accidental will set in for him too, and I have a sense he will have wished it to be more romantic, but I like the mundaneness of it. Just watching movies until the night consumed us.

I whisper to wake him  "Zayn."

He stirs, but doesn't open his eyes.

"Zayn, come on."

He lets out a small groan and keeps his tight lock around my body.

"Zoey is coming over, you agreed to meet her, remember?" I shake his shoulder.

"Fuck Zoey." He grumbles quietly.

"Zayn, at least let me get up."

"Mm, five more minutes." He yawns, like a kid being awoken by his parents on a Monday morning.

He grabs my waist and pulls me in even closer, so my head goes to his chest.

Being so intimate without being sexual is somewhat new for us. So far we haven't really set any expectations for displays of affection that aren't his fingers between my legs, but this feels natural.

I finally convince him to let me go and I reluctantly slip away his grip.

Flinging my legs over the bed and standing up, I'm barely dressed, in pair of shorts and a jersey bra, and yet I feel unbelievably covered in his sight I can feel him watching me.

I pull the wireless bra over my head, purposefully throwing it behind me back onto the bed, hoping to get some attention.

"Jesus." I hear Zayn groggily curse underneath his breath.

I turn to face him, watching his eyes widen at the sight of my bare chest.

"She's coming for lunch and it's already twelve." I point at my digital clock that sits on my desk "Get up."

"Oh, you've got something of mine up, don't you worry." He chuckles to himself, watching my movements closer now "I didn't mean to fall asleep in here, I'm sorry."

"I don't mind." I shake my head, rummaging in my drawer for a wired bra and coming across a plain black one.

I hook the bra straps over my arms, walking to the edge of the bed where Zayn sits up now and then facing my back to him.

"Could you do me up?" I know exactly what I'm doing. I could do this bra up myself, but I like the feeling of his cold fingerprints pressing to me.

He complies eagerly, large hands gripping onto my shoulders and rubbing them gently.

"I've never had a woman get me so hard without even touching me." He whispers against my skin as he presses a kiss to my neck, hands moving to the clasp of my bra and attaching it.