17. The First Answer

Start from the beginning

"And your point is?" he said as he wiped the sweat off his neck with a towel.

"All I am saying is, that one minute you are this arrogant guy and the next minute, you become this dedicated and patient person. I know we all have secrets, but how are you even the same person?" I couldn't take it anymore.

"The only thing I find valid about what you just said is that we all have secrets and certainly your secret is of much more importance at this moment."

"What? No...I don't have any secret!" Stop panicking, he is just messing with you...but what if he knows somehow?

"Oh, really? You don't have even a single one?"

"I mean I don't have any big secret. Just the occasional little things like how I broke my bro- sister's bike when we were younger, you know, the usual stuff that kids hide about their childhood."

"Hm... didn't you think twice before secretly dating your sister's boyfriend?"

"What?!" What the hell is he saying?

"I saw Blake's text on your phone. He wants to meet for coffee at 5 'babe'. Oh! He also inserted two little hearts in that message if I recall correctly...Want to tell me something Jacob?" I should really put a password on my bloody phone!

Oh, now I understand! He thinks that Olivia is dating Blake and Blake and Jacob are secretly going out behind Olivia's back.

And, it seriously is not normal that I have started to address myself in the third person.

I had no idea what to do, so I just started laughing like a lunatic.

"Why are you laughing?"

"This whole thing is so absurd! The text you saw... It was... Not even meant for me. Olivia and I accidentally exchanged our phones."

His eyes narrowed. "You seem to 'accidentally exchange' a lot of things with your sister. First, the luggage, now your phones."

I laughed nervously. "It's a twin thing. We both buy the same stuff and occasionally tend to exchange a lot of things. It's pretty annoying actually."

"You know, I don't believe anything you just said but I am going to let it go, simply because of the fact that I have to practice right now and you are wasting my time."

"Okay. I will leave you alone then." I said and started to retreat back when I realized something. This bastard bloody distracted me from asking stuff about him!

Not so fast, Mr. Evans! You are no Barry Allen. You are not the Flash and you just can't get away that quickly!

I turned around and faced him with a new built confidence that surged through my whole body, "Let's get back to where we started. About your secret? How did you learn to use a Bo Staff?"

He glared at me, "What? Are we playing twenty questions now?"

"No, not twenty questions. Just one for now. You asked me one question and I answered it, now it's your turn to give me an answer. "

He grunted,"My father... My father, he taught me how to use one. He used to be a trainer of martial arts and... And he was my mentor until... " He got carried away and I didn't halt him. His voice cracked and he stopped speaking. He was looking off into distance, as if recalling something really hurtful and painful.

"Until what? What happened to him Archer?"

He seemed to get out of his trance."That's enough. You got your answer, now leave."

"But... wha-"

"LEAVE.NOW." He growled.

I quickly turned around and left the room, in utter silence, consumed by Archer's memories.

Fast, isn't he? Nick Bateman

Fast, isn't he? Nick Bateman. <3

A/N: Here's another chapter! I hope you like it!

Please comment and vote! ❤

Thanks for reading!